AMC: Daytime Confidential confirming production moving to LA

• Members

The fact that Pratt is AMC's head writer and the show is moving to LA (even though as far as I know there has been no indication one way or the other that the characters themselves will be leaving Pine Valley) has given me this image that I can't get out of my head of Susan Lucci staying in NY and traveling to LA as needed to tape scenes without signing any official contract, and the credits always ending with "and special guest star Susan Lucci." Erica could buy an apartment complex that all the characters move into, after Enchantment (does that still exist?) opens a west coast office that half of them go to work for.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At the risk of being an over-dramatic conspiracy theorist, Chrishell Stuase's tweet on Nelson's latest column (probably his column, he's the only one who has listed names). I'm guessing she was irritated by the "shocked" jab he took:

Chrishell7 There are people/sites stating 'facts' about some staying and going to LA with AMC that is pure speculation! Consider your source guys ; )

• Members

I did think about the AG possiblity, but remembered what happened with Genie Francis when she was said to have wanted the same sort of contract. I'm surprised the GH writers haven't tried to write out all references to Laura or erase all memory of her... at least no more than they already have. They seem to want to make sure that there's nothing for GF to come back to.

I don't get why the ABC PTB have been so open to the comings and goings of Riegel and Buddig, but have been less flexible with GF. I can't see them doing the same to SL, AMC's signature character.

• Members

GH would not be flexible with Vanessa Marcil either. I am not convinced that she was seriously considering extending her return, but they would not give her the time she wanted for outs or to be with her kid. Notice that one of the common denominators with GF and VM is Phelps who hates her female actors.

• Members

Just looked into old files and you are indeed correct about the week off and the timing of the week off (the week that bleeds into Labor Day weekend). I didn't remember correctly. I still do think they gave them this week off now to discuss the matter with their familes, between each other, weighing pros and cons. That was the appropriate thing to do considering the almost immediate deadline. They have to think about/consider selling their real estate, taking the kids away from friends and out of school in some cases, potentially moving a long way away from family, business and other associations.

• Members

I dont know which castmember are rumored to be going and not going,but here is my thoughts. This move may be a good thing to save the show, by lowering costs. Susan Lucci's daughter and grandchildren live out in CA(im still pretty sure they do), AM hubby owns restaurants in NYC and LA, so they could move...besides it might be a nicer place for them to raise their daughter which is due in November. TK has been interested in getting back out to the west coast. Also, their is such a thing as communting. Alot of current daytime stars do that right now, yes it is hard but they do it.

• Members

^ Susan's daughter does not live in California anymore and she moved back to New York after Passions ended. Liza said she hated living in California and could not wait to move back East.

And also there are so much rumors with the move that I am going to sit back and wait. As far as I know majority of the castmembers have not made their decision but we should hear something I hope in another few weeks.

• Members

I think just about all of them will go.

The ??? marks for me?

Susan Lucci--I think she'll leave the show. She'll celebrate her 40th anniversary with some publicity, and then ABC will say she'll make occassional guest appearances. (My odds she'll stay? 40/60)

David Canary--I think he'll leave the show. (Odds he'll stay? 20/80)

Alisha Minshew--Tough one....she can afford to leave; her husband's loaded. I think she might try to negotiate a move to OLTL. (Odds? 50/50)

Thorsten Kaye--Another tough one....I think he'll try to negotiate a move to OLTL...OR...Susan Haskell will try to get out of her OLTL contract to move to CA with Kaye. The hard part is...if Minshew moved to OLTL, it would be odd for Kaye to go, playing someone else instead of Patrick....but then, it's been done before, and Patrick's been gone for over 10 years, so.... (Odds? 50/50)

Michael Knight--I think he'll go. He tried L.A. in the late 80's, and again in the 90's, without much success in primetime/films. So he's not averse to living in L.A. (Odds he'll stay? 90/10)

Ray MacDonnell--I don't think he'll go. If he appears at all ever again on AMC in L.A., it will be in a recurring capacity, VERY occassionally. I do think we'll see more of Ruth, though, since Lee Merriwether is L.A. based. (Odds he'll stay? 5/95)

I don't think there's anyone else on contract who won't go.

It will be interesting to see how things turn out, though! (Much more interesting than anything that's happened on AMC for years :lol: )

• Members

Alisha Minshew's husband owns a restaurant. How loaded can he be? Is he from a wealthy family? Or does he have other businesses?

I loved Patrick and would love for TK to go back to OLTL as Patrick. I wonder if OLTL could afford his contract with shedding some of the minor contract players like Layla, Christian, etc.

Archived