AMC: Daytime Confidential confirming production moving to LA

• Members

Susan Lucci is the only AMC actor wealthy enough to be able make that choice. I have no clue what she will do. I hope she stays with the show long enough to ease the transition. She would be a huge loss in my eyes.

I am far more worried about David Canary. Has anyone heard anything from him as yet?

I think that when all is said and done ABC will be accommodating the shooting schedules in LA. It would benefit the network and the actors. In the end, economics will push a lot of reluctant AMC actors to make the move. Maybe in a better economy, some might be tempted to stay in NY, but really where would they work and earn a living? None of them are independently wealthy or have wealthy spouses.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I too was prepared for red, but she was a ray of sunshine in yellow. :D

Not trying to read into things, but it seemed VERY clear to me by her body language/facial expressions that All My Children doesn't rule her stars and no one, whether it be fans or folks at AMC, should ASSume that she'd automatically follow the show wherever it went. And she did tastefully put it out there that she's blessed to be in a position where she has a choice (not even financially per se, but the fact that several people behind the scenes will lose their jobs).

ETA: Oh, and the co-host (who the hell was that dude anyway?) said that upon their move in January, Susan would be celebrating her 40th year with the show to which Susan smiled, grabbed his arm and said, "Don't count your chickens! :D " Oooh, I'm scared 'a you...

• Members

Kelly is so over dramatical. She will probably finish out her contract and then leave the show. They would be a solution since she hasnt decided yet what she will do. Having only one week to decide?...Wow..talk about rushing people...LOL

• Members

There is no AMC without Erica Kane or Susan Lucci. I mean, she may as well have her name in the title honestly, that's how important she is to this stupid show. Damn shame if their mismanagement results in losing the ONLY daytime star.

• Members

As much as I would like to see her continue, she has to make the right decision for herself. Last year, she mentioned that she couldn't imagine retiring the role of Erica Kane. But now, with this move, I'm sure that has changed her thinking.

I think that if Susan were to leave, the show will do its best to continue. But the only way that it would thrive is with kick-ass writing. But I don't see that happening.

• Members

lol - maybe going on vacation to LA to see if she could get her affairs on order to move/buy a house/whatever :P

Honestly, they want to move a whole show and then expect them all to get houses and stuff with the market the way it is?

• Members

Frankly, if Lucci leaves, then I'm probably gone too. I already posted about how I think AMC is a dead soap, and one of the few things that I've been able to enjoy a lot over the last few months (when I even think to watch the damn thing) is Erica. With her gone, I'll just be reading spoilers to see when I'm gonna get some mother-son scenes with Frankie and Angie and perhaps Scott. Other than that...I can't think of any characters or storylines that I'm really interested in. I don't know if this was a rumor or anything, but I read that Ray MacDonnell wasn't even at the cast meeting, so it looks like Dr. Joe, as little a part as he's even been lately, will be gone.

AMC is a deeeeead soooooooap. I just can't say it any better than that. DEAD SOAP!

• Members

The best way to think of it is the end of an era - and when they move, the start of another. That way you don't judge one based on the other. Your good memories can rest in-tact and you don't have to judge crap next to gold. Just think of it like apples and oranges.

• Members

I kind of think of it that way already, I'll always have "my" All My Children, and even with them still here in NY, it hasn't been "my" All My Children for quite a while. In a stange way I hold onto and guard those memories in an almost snobbish way, like it makes it easier for me to forgive myself for not sticking with this show in its current state, a show I grew up watching. I also loved Three's Company and The Golden Girls, I'm not going to feel guilty for not liking Three's a Crowd and The Golden Palace nearly as much.

I watched GL today, something I don't ever do but I had the tube on after I watched Susan on Live! and though nothing huge happened, it wasn't "awful", a little boring/sleepy imo, but not awful. I could see how someone might enjoy this show, but it certainly isn't "my" Guiding Light of the late '80s/early '90s. So I get it.

• Members

I get what you mean. And I think this is the big issue with all the soaps. The current state of each soap is just "ok." For every soap left on the air, you can describe as, "not as good as it used to be." And that's sad. What do you do to revitalize a whole genre of TV? I think we all know the answer to that (better writing). But it's like the networks don't get it.

Archived