AMC: Daytime Confidential confirming production moving to LA

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's deplorable that ABC is only giving everyone one week to make this huge decision.

If this had all come together in the last couple of weeks then I could maybe understand it. But there are indicators that TPTB have known about this for a while. Take the fact that Pratt has been preparing for Greenlee's return ever since her "death" in February. There's also the fact that the show has not cast any new contract roles in quite some time.

Moreover, if it comes out in the next week or so that people like SL, DC, MEK, TK, AM, DM, DW will be leaving AMC in the coming months, word that Bianca and Greenlee might return 7 months from now won't exactly stymie the mass exodus of viewers the show will see throughout the remainder of the year.

• Members

One week to decide? Oh dear....

I think ABC is hoping to give this show a big overhaul and a huge revamping is underway. They figure they can write some big characters off, add some inexpensive newbies, and create almost a new show. Kind of like what DAYS has done recently, and their ratings went up because of it.

However, what worked on one show doesn't necessarily work at another show.

• Members

OK, so I just watched the La Lucci interview. First, was this show pre-taped because I definitely saw some jump cuts throughout the show? Plus, Susan kept mentioning that the cast found out a day and a half ago. But wasn't it 2 and a half days ago?

Anyway, from her body language, I get the feeling that she is still shocked and that it hasn't fully sunk in yet. A part of me believes she wants to go but leaving her life in NY is what's keeping her.

The other part of me believes that she has made the decision already not to go. She kept saying, "The show is moving to LA..." And I felt like she wanted to follow up that sentence by saying, "But I'm not."

I don't know. I'm confused and stressed. I can't believe I just analyzed a Susan Lucci interview! I need help and a drink!

Archived