AMC: Daytime Confidential confirming production moving to LA

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I absolutely wouldn't want you to break any confidences. I've seen so many cases where posters disappear and it turns out they were sick, had a death in the family or something similar. As long as he's doing well, I'm glad.

I get that. I just hate the thought that the ENTIRE entertainment industry has to be centered in LA. I'm not a dreamer. I understand how business works but the...what? Creative side of me thinks that we get better entertainment options by spreading the business out whether its New York, Vancouver, Baltimore (Homicide, The Wire), Louisiana (True Blood) or even Bogota, Columbia (Fox's Mental. It's a sucktastic show but nonetheless its filmed in Columbia.) I could go on but I won't. Let's just say its a "thing" with me.

Damn. Come on man, you couldn't even meet me halfway? Really? What's a sista gotta do? <_<

• Members

I never said that her decision rests on the damn renovations.

Last year Susan Lucci appeared on Michael Eisner's show and she said that while she used to re-sign with AMC without question, the last few times she's really had to think hard about whether she wanted to re-sign, that she really weighs the pros and cons carefully. All I'm saying is that this is one more factor in the con column. That's all.

• Members

What excites me more than anything is AMC taping in HD. GH and Y&R have both benefitted from being shot in HD. The shows look alot better and it forces the director to fill in those additional gaps.

After seeing the CGI Cars in HD, I cannot wait to see what JFP and Guza come up with for November Sweeps. They absolutely have to do another explosion of some kind. I watched clips of the MetroCourt disaster the other day and it made me sad because I WISHED that was in HD!

• Members

Well, if that's the case then... all the less reason for me to worry about whether she stays or goes. I, for one, can go without Erica flirting with her grandson's father just to defy Erica's alleged age of 54. Give this 60+ actress a menopause story already. If they can do it with Blanche Devereaux and get 24 minutes of comedy out of it, they can do it with Erica Kane and get six to twelve months of drama out of it. If not, then Erica's just becoming a running joke and one more thing not to take seriously on this show.

What original cast members are on General Hosptial and One Life to Live?

• Members

It sounds ABC is making an investment in AMC if they are willing to pull off a huge relocation to LA. It's not like they're going to move them to LA, and then six months later go, "Hey! We're cancelling you anyway."

With ATWT almost certainly a goner next year, it looks like OLTL is going to be the only New York soap left. That's scary. And I think OLTL is on shakier ground than AMC now, since AMC is getting an upgrade to a "bigger and better studio" in LA...while OLTL is merely getting AMC's studio leftovers.

Hmm.

Archived