AMC: Daytime Confidential confirming production moving to LA

• Members

It's actually quite impressive that ABC is investing in HD for all. That's actually the biggest sign of hope for these shows, I think. Their look is being modernized, and they will be around for at least as long as needed to pay off that investment. (I guess the equipment can be used for other shows too, but not really--how many HD videotaped programs requiring big studios are there?)

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All Eden said was she was worried the depts would change, i.e. the existing NY hair/makeup/etc crew would be out of a job. There's nothing remotely scandalous about that. I'm sure everyone at AMC right now is thinking of their crew, some of whom have been there for decades. Those people work like dogs in a thankless industry.

• Members

Hair and makeup become like friends or family to many cast members, they're always there if you need to talk, or need your space, or anything. I can see how upset some might be if they're losing their jobs, some people keep those jobs for decades.

I don't even know what to think about this move. I keep thinking about that episode 25+ years ago where Erica had her photo shoot in New York and everything seemed so alive. Now whenever I see AMC, I hear Taps.

• Members

Cameron, Alicia, and Thorsten are three of their stars, so I doubt they will go. Denise and Brianne are probably dirt cheap, so they'll probably stay.

If I were AMC I would cut MEK loose. Tad is done as a character anyway. I know Bobbie Eakes has worked in LA before, for many years, but I won't be shocked if she goes either. Pratt clearly hates Krystal.

Archived