AMC: Daytime Confidential confirming production moving to LA

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm shocked. I never thought this was real. I can't believe that DC actually got something right or that they got this right of all things. I don't see how this helps them cut costs. They must be counting on the higher paid vets not making the move. Also, sounds like they will be going with more of the outdoor production with OLTL to save money.

• Members

I'm not sure how much cheaper OLTL is but I have read that Valentini is a far more efficient money and schedule manager than Carruthers and thus probably needs to spend less to get the same things done.

Does ABC own AMC's studio, the one OLTL is moving to? That would make it cheaper to move OLTL there if they're currently in a rented facility.

While I haven't been watching everyday, when I have tuned in to either AMC or OLTL lately they both seem to be integrating more and outdoor footage and handheld shooting ala GL's production model.

• Members

Oh wow, I wonder how many of the castmembers will make the jump to LA.

So now we only have two NYC soaps left, and ATWT is probably going in a year or so, and they will probably just leave OLTL as the sole NYC soap.

Maybe this will improve AMC's production values, assuming they get a good studio and all...

• Members

Because they'll have ONE show taping in Manhattan instead of two. What's not to get?

Anyway, I love how everyone's assuming that these actors have the luxury of staying put when the show relocates. Unless they want to do theater, LA is where an actor NEEDS to be. Most of these actors have commuted at one or several points in their careers. Kaye, Goldin, Willey, Mathison, Morgan, Luner obviously...

(Snickers... :D ) I guess MacBeth is gonna have uproot her potted plants after all....

• Members

Love her or hate her, losing SL will be a big blow to the show, bigger than OLTL losing ES or GH losing TG

I don't see CS moving since she's wanting to leave the show, and I think that's more about her character than the show itself.

If they wanted to save the show why'd they bring in Pratt? All he does is take what McTavish wrote, re-write it even worse, then try to make it look like he wrote it

I don't see CM moving either actually, unless he were to get a hosting gig with a show in LA.

I just feel like this is a last ditch effort, and not a very good one.

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised to see Carruthers gone, and JFP taking over as EP of both shows. The powers of the EP's at ABC Daytime have been so diminished in recent years, they're basically bean counters. She could be the bean counter for two shows, much like Wendy Riche was for a couple years at both GH and PC.

ETA: And it would be even more money saved.

• Members

I think DOOL and AMC's audiences are very different. DOOL could get away with firing the 2 DH's and hiring a bunch ex Passions "actors", ex models, and bringing on a bunch of teens with no connection to the show. In contrast if AMC brings on just 2 new teens around the same time people flip out.

The the Randi/Scott/Colby/Marissa/Adian show would not work.

• Members

Streamlined production models for both shows? I feel bad for you AMC and OLTL fans. Welcome to the world that us GL fans went through the last year and a half. It will be diffucult to watch your favorite shows decimated right before your eyes with terrible production and loud music. I feel for you - I really do!

Archived