AMC: Daytime Confidential confirming production moving to LA

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are lots of reasons to hate Pratt, Sylph, unfortunately, hating him is only a side issue to this thread, which is not about him, or you. I suggest you find a different thread which you have already transformed with your singular egotism.

• Members

Update from ABC Soaps in Depth:

ABC has officially announced that production of AMC will be moved to Los Angeles in December, with OLTL moving into AMC's current studio shortly thereafter. AMC will begin taping episodes in L.A. the week of January 4, 2010, which will begin airing in HD in February. The relocation will give both shows upgraded facilities and streamlined production models.

• Members

I get the feeling they might as well have just given the show a cancellation date. Unless the actors are obligated to go to L.A. because of their contracts (and that might be the case), I see potential to lose at least 50% of the current cast and most of that will probably be in the form of vets. If you're a soap actor and you've signed a couple of contracts, you're likely in it for the coast and not so much to be a big super-star. There's always the chance a new-look AMC might work in the ratings, I guess. Prolonging the inevitable? Or making the inevitable more difficult?

Maybe Susan Lucci agreed to go to L.A., because it would have been insane to make this decision without getting her to agree to make the move first.

Is the cost of "union workers" so high in NY that they could go to L.A. and hire this one and that one and still be saving?

• Members

I would have nothing against AMC Potpourri Thread, where Zendall would write on every new page how Pratt sucks. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Such threads are created so that other threads could be purged of such repetitions.

Archived