AMC: Daytime Confidential confirming production moving to LA

• Members

A question, would the actors current contracts stay, or would they get all new ones?

I dunno, the writers don't seem to have an interest in writing for Jackson, and I don't see Jerica happening, that ship seems to have sailed with this current regime

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Between Crishell, Denise, JR and whoever else on AMC who has a Twitter, I would think news wouldnt be too far behind.

One thing that sucks about this is that there are a few soon to be unemployed GL stars who could do great things on AMC...

• Members

From DEADLINE HOLLYWOOD DAILY:

ABC Moving 'All My Children' From NY To LA

After ABC Entertainment denied and denied this, today it's finally announced that All My Children is moving from NY to LA, and One Life to Live is moving into AMC's vacated NY space. It's a cost-saving move because in NY AMC's small studio space requires the show to store most of its sets and props off-site at a cross-town storage facility and all the to-and-fro comes directly from its operating budget. Whereas in L.A. the show can build permanent sets. No word if popular stars like Susan Lucci or Michael Knight will make the move, but it will surely stress out everyone who works on the show. (Like the Ugly Betty move in the opposite direction.) AMC will begin taping episodes in Los Angeles the week of January 4, 2010, and airing in HD in February. Meanwhile, ABC also is denying rumors that, if it adds The Aisha Tyler Show (already okayed for a pilot) to its daytime line-up, the network may trim two of its daytime soaps to a half-hour each. I can't wait for the fan [!@#$%^&*]-storm if that happens.

• Members

LOL me either, the [!@#$%^&*] will hit the fan on that one.

I still feel like this is ABC's version of putting a band-aid on the problem. Like was said on another board, AMC could be shot on the moon, as long as Frons is around the show will still suffer and eventually be cancelled.

• Members

I don't find Aisha Tyler funny, but I don't find most stand up comedians funny. I have a weird sense of humor. Will making AMC and OLTL 30 minutes really save a lot of money? I'm asking because I honestly don't know. I'm not about to dismiss this as ridiculous rumor. I have learned my lesson. LOL!

• Members

If they shift to a half-hour each, they can trim the cast, and go on PC's old production schedule: 6 months on, 6 months off.

The thing is, though, a 6 month on/off sked would work best with two shows sharing space, each filming for half the year.

I'm with you, though, I can't dismiss rumors as ridiculous anymore after this DC thing panned out. I really was stunned.

Archived