June 22-26, 2009

Toups

• Members

Amazing. Who would've thought 10 years ago that AMC and GH would hit lows that OLTL has never reached. Based on the HH numbers, I would guess that OLTL at least tied GH in the 18-49 demos, and might've even finally passed it by a 0.1. Can't wait to see all the numbers.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey! I was just trying to give you the pass. I'm sure the lofty salary you're paid for bringing us the ratings when no other site does is compensation for all the bitching that happens when we don't get them when we want them. LOL.

So AMC and GH are nosediving faster than OLTL. Faint praise.

• Members

LOL

I havent seen AMC in a while so cant comment on that show. I have seen bits and pieces of GH. OLTL...I have been watching and find it just awful so it being the top soap on ABC is shocking/surprising.

• Members

LOL. True....but still shocking. GH and AMC were far ahead of OLTL 10+ years ago....and now....they've fallen to lows OLTL has never hit.

BTW, I checked the SoapNet data I have and was surprised to see that AMC and OLTL are not the number one and two shows on SN in women 18-49, as I thought. Instead, they're 2nd and 3rd. Y&R, which airs from 7-8 EST, is number one. (Not sure why they didn't acknowledge Y&R in the press release, except maybe because it's not an ABC-owned show).

• Members

OLTL isn't great (which still makes it better than most of the other soaps I guess), but has some good moments, a few good couples, and they have a lot of hot guys who don't mind taking their shirts off. Dorian is always good, the show is more racially diverse now, and Fish/Kyle is good so far. The show is very unfocused and the main leading men are horrible, but there are good elements on the fringes. It's too bad Todd, John, and Stacy/Rex/Gigi take so much attention.

AMC is a mess, it's very schizophrenic, and GH just seems to find new ways to offend viewers.

Considering OLTL is the only soap at ABC which keeps on budget and now their best rated soap, Frons must be crapping bricks. After $3 million to make GH into HD, and for what.

• Members

I wonder if ABC soaps have a ratings cut off point like GL did to keep from being cancelled? Cause they're starting to venture into GL territory.

I like what someone said, it's not the medium that's in trouble, it's the people in charge of it. I agree, cause look at Days, it was written off and rebounded in a way that surprised everyone

• Members

I like Todd/TSJ and FL. I dont care for John or the stupid Stacy/Rex/Gigi triangle. IMO they are all sucky actors. So there is not much that I currently like about the show. I read the spoiler about Erica and Ryan. That was enough for me not to tune in to AMC anymore.

GH has always been about Sonny or Luke...neither appeals to me. So I dont watch it regularly.

• Members

Well I REALLY want to know what it will take to get rid of Frons because right now it looks like he could be deep frying puppies on a stick, snorting coke off of babies and urinating on a picture of Mother Teresa while wearing an "I Heart Al-Queda" t-shirt and they still wouldn't get rid of him.

• Members

Oh, don't get me wrong. OLTL is largely a shitpile right now. Especially in the last month or so, when suddenly it became ALL Rex/Gigi/Stacy/Starr/Cole ALL the time. It's the most disorganized I've seen it under RC, or maybe anyone. I don't think that's all on the writers - it's not the type of show he ran last year or in 07 - but I also think Carlivati is perfectly capable of making his own huge horrible mistakes. Still, even at its worst right now, OLTL still has a few elements that work, a few things I want to watch, which is more than I can say for AMC and GH. This must be a nightmare for Frons, who has never respected OLTL's creative renaissance and who apparently did his best to drown it, though the show helped.

Archived