June 22-26, 2009

Toups

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You'd think Goutman would have hit the panic button already and started doing something about ATWT. Getting Martha back to ATWT and firing a whole lot of useless characters plus firing Pissant ass!! No....bringing more ABC ousters to ATWT.....great going Goutman. Let ATWT to continue to bleed in the ratings. Goutman is a hack of an EP.

How about the 0.3 for ATWT in the 18-34 women category.

Keep wishing. I have a feeling it's going to gain momentum during July and especially August.

• Members

Not trying to downplay that success, but DAYS was number one in women 18-34 even when it was in danger of cancellation. (I think PASSIONS was number 2 in that demo when it was canceled).

For some reason, the networks (or at least NBC) don't seem all that excited about that demo.

• Members

NBC and DAYS have a strange relationship. I think NBC wants to keep DAYS, but they want Corday to give it to them really, really cheap. If NBC can remain healthy and even gain some more momentum, I don't see NBC playing as hard to get as usual. If they just remain healthy, it might be another tough negotiations.

It's easy to gloat about the ABC numbers but I see the death of daytime looking at them (ATWT is getting ready for it's funeral there) which doesn't particularly fill we with joy. AMC, GH have been spiraling since April (longer for GH). I do wonder if ABC or ABCD is going to do anything about this.

I'm probably dead-wrong in this feeling but I have an odd feeling that AMC might bring McTavish back in a last ditch effort (although I suppose Pratt was supposed to be the last ditch effort). I've said B&E and Pratt make McTavish look good but the thought of her returning kind of scares me (because then I start to remember the later years of her reigns).

• Members

Lol. I think they care even less about that tiny demo in daytime. PASSIONS was number one in that demo for virtually its entire run, right until its cancellation.

Daytime really seems to be stuck on that 18-49 demo, excluding all others. Despite the fact that the 18-34 demo is part of that 18-49 demo, it didn't save PASSIONS, and it almost didn't save DAYS.

• Members

I'll tell you here in Tennessee (at least for the shows I watch) this area hasn't been doing much to help the ratings of the afternoon soaps in the last few weeks. They have been preempted more than they have been on. I know that Days usually airs in the early morning hours but some of them don't get aired at all when they are pre-empted.

They have been preempted for weather alot and then Obama and then today due to the press conference from the Titans coach.

Just about all the soaps have been affected some but GH, GL and Days (which air against each other) have gotten the worst of it.

Archived