June 22-26, 2009

Toups

• Members

Until they remember how to tell stories or make viewers care, I'm not sure if the ratings are going to have a big improvement. The only time the ratings went up in the past year was when they had some semblance of good pacing and balance.

GH and AMC have fallen so far, and yet I don't think they will ever change, unless its for the worse.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Perhaps it's too early to make this call, but could DAYS beat cancellation? Just a few months ago I had written this show off but their ratings are holding steady and are better than all of ABC and half of the CBS lineup.

• Members

I know I added the show to my DVR this week after hearing good buzz and seeing that Summer Promo they're running. I haven't watched this show in more than a decade, after I watched it faithfully through the 80s and early 90s. I watched a few episodes last week and was entertained enough to give it a shot. It's hardly perfect (but what soap is?) . . . I just . . . I enjoyed it. And I don't miss Marlena and John and I kind of like that I'm getting to know a whole new set of characters . . . fewer hang-ups from prior preferences and such. . . but so many still have familiar ties to core families and characters, so I'm not totally lost either.

GH has thoroughly disappointed and disgusted me (and it was the show that supplanted Days as my go-to soap. . ), but I still want something to unwind with when I get home from work, so I'm giving Days its chance.

• Members

Well I agree with the person above about cancellation on one part. I don't care anymore.

Does that mean that I want them all to be cancelled - no way. But when they are I won't care.

A year ago if GL had been cancelled I would have probably cried, but the powers that be behind all 8 of the shows left have stolen any affection and attachment I had to the shows that I don't care anymore.

What used to be sitting down and watching family is no longer that way for me. Every show is just a show I watch. I never thought I would feel that way about any of the shows. It all adds up to why I can go a few days at times and miss the shows and not feel anything about it anymore.

And it wasn't me. Every asinine story that the shows have done is what did it. All the ignoring of characters I loved and attached too in favor of their pets did it. Every time they ignored my feelings and made them null and void with undoing the deaths of characters I mourned and cared about for the sake of shock did it.

So I don't feel bad in saying at all that I don't care anymore if they are cancelled or stay put.

But that doesn't mean that I want them cancelled. I would love to see the genre survive but I personally think all 8 shows on are past the point of being saved anymore.

And I for one feel the same way about Y&R too. As I said in another thread I am still amazed by Y&R's technical aspects. The show looks great; the acting is great; the dialogue is great. But the stories stink. They don't even know how to tell one. Every story that had promise is not one big muddled pile of confusion.

And to me they totally jumped the shark with the Phillip "death" being undone. I'll never look at Y&R with the same feeling again.

• Members

Women 50+ & Other Viewers:

1. Y&R 2,786,000 (+157,000/+150,000)

2. B&B 1,825,000 (-9,000/-105,000)

3. DAYS 1,422,000 (+87,000/+186,000)

4. OLTL 1,286,000 (+30,000/-7,000)

5. ATWT 1,262,000 (-30,000/-82,000)

6. AMC 1,220,000 (-18,000/-83,000)

7. GH 1,208,000 (+6,000/-103,000)

8. GL 1,058,000 (+18,000/-5,000)

I didn't expect that GH at #7!

• Members

I think this is exactly what they're going to do. Heck she starts out great and stays great for awhile, maybe she can give the show another 2 years, cause right now I don't think the show is going to make it another year with Pratt at the helm

At least she has a good year in her, I think she has close to two, cause Pratt IMO basically sucked from day one. The tornado had potential but he blew it.

Archived