OLTL: Discussion for the week June 1

• Members

I missed that moment. Today was a repeat of all the stuff that followed Nash's funeral and that's mostly what Bree has had to play in the last year so I'm just tired of it. She does this particular stuff well, but enough is enough. I really wish I liked her and Brody so I could look forward to what comes next, but I think they're so contrived and silly.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really, I think they're HOT. They have chemistry ten fold and there coupling came at a time when neither of them was looking for someone. They had both hit rock bottom and they managed to find one another. Out of all the couples this show has created this last year, less Dorian and Ray who are amazing IMO, Jess and Brody are the most entertaining to watch.

• Members

I go back and forth with OLTL, probably because the show seems so made up as it goes along. I hated the show more during the Tarty stuff and Tess giving birth to the stillborn baby, and Rex being shot, and Marty the Party Girl Part 2 than I do right now because there's some good mixed with some bad, but my opinion usually sinks any time a scene with Rex or Todd starts. I wish OLTL could just take a risk and dump some of their so called leading men. They have enough backup now in leading men to where they could afford to get rid of John, Todd, or Rex.

• Members

Brody and Jessica are a bit contrived, unfortunately, as characters though. As a couple, I agree with oltl1. They make sense.

But as characters, they're portrayed so poorly, by the writers on Brody's part, and by the writers and Bree on Jessica's part. They're so one-dimensional, yeah with Jessica's multiple personalities.

Thank God Brody's portrayer is decent. I hope he gets a really good s/l sometime this year. Eons better than Brotherton.

• Members

is it just me or did Michael lose some weight? Not that he was fat or anything but he seems to have lost some weight (especially in his face) and maybe done some working out. Whatever it is, he's looking really good these days

• Members

I wish I could get on that boat with you. I just don't see it.

Why yes! Yes I am. I wasn't really criticizing Bree's acting. It's more that I just can't take all the wailing all the time. I really think she's good, but it's just been the same story for far too long.

I disagree. Brotherton has so much nuance to his performances I would rather watch him read the phone book than what passes for dramatic performances by most the rest of the cast.

• Members

Lawson bores me because he's never had any role other than holding gigi's purse first, then holding Jessica's. He was more interesting as the drunken barfighter. Now he's just another sap. Brotherton can still play the con. I hope they bring that back for him. And he and Natalie make good co-conspirators.

Brody and Jessica are so sweet they give me a cavity.

• Members

I initially liked the *idea* of Brody and Jessica and looked forward to the seeing how well they'd work out...but the concept turned out to be better than the execution. The two of the bore the hell out of me.

Archived