OLTL: Discussion for the week June 1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope that this kidnapping storyline with Bess wraps up soon, I'm ready to see Jessica fully realize that the real Chloe is dead.

The Rex/Gigi/Stacy stuff is pretty stupid, I hate this storyline, even though I liked it at first. As long as Rex/Gigi are apart I'll be fine.

• Members

Really, because for me it's the other way around. I just can't get behind and root for the character of Stacy. She still feels like a stranger to me even if she has been on my screen every day for the last 5 months. I know nothing about her motivations and Crystal Hunt has played the character void of any personality and emotion. The only time I made a connection with her character was in her scenes with Clifton Scott after Schy's his fight with Todd. The fact that she shares no chemistry at all with JPL doesn't help this storyline either. Although, I think CH has great chemistry with CS. I also think that of FF. She and CS had great chemistry together in there scenes last week. I could get behind that pairing but Stacy and Rex share no chemistry at all IMO.

I must also admit that I read spoilers for the next couple of weeks to and I'm actually excited for what's coming. I only hope it plays out just as well as it reads.

• Members

Oh and I don't see that working at all. If Lindsay is going to be paired with someone I think it should be Clint. CH and JVD had crazy hot chemistry during the BE takeover storyline last year IMO. Let them both be bad together.

• Members

I don't think JvD works as bad Clint. When they tried this with Clint's efforts to bring Ray to town and deport Langston, it all seemed very forced. Perhaps with better writing for Clint, he'd be better, but they don't write for Clint now.

I was just thinking of Lindsay/Rex because JPL takes up so much airtime with women he has no spark with, so if he's going to keep being pushed at people, they could at least give him a love interest he would work with.

• Members

Word.

I also agree, JvD didn't work as bad Clint during the Montez plot because that's all it was, a plot point. I liked bad Clint at the beginning of the story, when the Buch's had no idea who was trying to takeover the company and Lindsay was feeding him info and he was trying to hold on to everything his father had left for his family. I liked as they slowly showed him change into the one thing he hated and argued with Asa about. But they dropped the story after the takeover and picked it up only to wrap it up in record time. They missed all the beats which is a shame because then Clint and Lindsay could have really worked IMO.

• Members

Rex is an idiot, and he calls himself a PI. In what universe?

I'm actually liking Gigi and Skylar, guess it's the fact that she's away from Rex and Stacy. I guess.

God, I cannot wait to see Viki bring out Jean so we can get rid of Bess.

Archived