Pratt on Bianca/Reese from TVGuideMagazine.com

• Members

I have about 5 hours from that story on video tape and I get what was trying to be done and for 1983 it was VERY brave but it turned into even mor eof a cop out than Reece's character--Devon being told she was just confused and projecting, Lynn havign a veyr lonely sad christmas and then being taken off canvas. Times were diff then and the network was scared and really I think they did the best they could (something which isn't true now)_ but still if you want Pratt to aspire to this storyline I'm gonna completely disagree.

I actually kinda buy some of what Pratt is saying (I know it seems no one else agrees with me). The storyline COULD have worked--at least better if it was allowed room to breathe--we got to see more of Reece's familyfor instance, etc.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have said the exact same thing for years. ABC is not invested in the character of Bianca. They won't want the controversy of writing a long term lesbian story. They don't want vocal fan groups banging on their doors like ATWT has since the Luke/Noah romance started. This is why they haven't recast the role of Bianca. Eden must know this, but she isn't going to kill the golden goose that gives her a sweet deal by saying this out loud. There is no way Pratt could have believed that Eden was staying longer. The story from the start was about Reese which suggests that AMC was laying the ground work to convince TB to stay longer and that didn't work out the way that they hoped and then they got all that negative publicity about the story.

• Members

Pardon my lack of 2nd-language-spelling ability here, but there's a Spanish phrase that truly applies to Charles Pratt's most recent interviews (on Jamie Luner, then this one):

En boca serrada no entran las moscas.

It means, "in a closed mouth, flies cannot enter." It's a metaphoric reference to what's waiting inside, and what comes out of, his mouth.

He really needs to control it; he's absolutely obnoxious. The only thing he really accomplishes is embarrassing ABC / AMC by showing what a pompous, chauvanistic ass he really is. It's as if his mind is just a frustrated penis.

• Members

I absolutely agree. AMC has not been committed to Bianca's character in years. As far as I can tell the other shows that have done storylines like this have surpassed AMC in many ways. Frons like to see ABC soaps as cutting edge yet he encourages such cowardly and regressive stories and writing.

He really should just stop talking. He comes off terribly everytime he gives an interview.

• Members

ITA. It's like when he first returned to GH w/ Guza, and he said he always wrote soaps (and GH) as if it were a movie with a $30 million budget...or some such horsepuck.

Seriously, Pratt, if you want to write a movie w/ a $30 million budget, then go write one! This is daytime. We're happy with just black curtains, decent actors, and stories that make sense.

• Members

This is bullshit. Pratt is HW and has a producer credit. He had to have known. He only claims he didn't know about ER's contract because he thinks we're stupid. But everyone knew Eden had a short-term contract. ABC thinks fans don't pay attention to that [!@#$%^&*], so they can get away with saying things like, "oh, but see, we looked up one day and oops! That actor was gone!" This is a business, not a high school project. They know, and they pretend like no one else will. The fact is, he didn't give a [!@#$%^&*] about Bianca. All he cared about was luring Tamara Braun into staying to be paired with TK by pulling a bait and switch with Bianca.

• Members

I totally agree with you, but the online fanbase is still the minority. I am sure the majority of fans out there don't know what the hell is going on behind the scenes..... my mom wouldn't have a clue unless I filled her in....

• Members

Wow Nelson Branco actually called out Prass on his comments, I think I might be getting a new respect for NB, I'm glad someone called Prass out on this.

The Suds Report asked the maligned head writer if he would like to clarify or retract his quotes, but he declined — even the offensive angry lesbian jab.

I wonder if ABC muzzled Pratt, could they be preparing to do some damage control? The backlash I'd imagine cannot be pretty

Archived