2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fair enough. However, as I've posted upthread, I have had the opportunity (privilege, really) to read Casiello's work, and in my opinion, he has "the knack". Yes, I'm sure Higley, Latham or Sheffer imposed certain plot points upon his breakdown(s); however, it's how he finessed those into solid and entertaining outlines that made the difference. (After all, a good script is more than just good dialogue, right? The structure has to be tight as well.)

IA. That's why I try not to put him on any sort of pedestal. Yes, I believe him to be a good writer, but I'm not suggesting he's the "bestest (breakdown) writer who ever lived!". He's "good", and we certainly need more like him in soaps. That's all.

As Walt Whitman once said: Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Not as mind-boggling, though, as some conversations I've had on Facebook. (Jeebus, what was I smoking that night w/ T.R.?!)

That's good. I'll have to use that sometime, casual-like, in conversation.

Quiet, you! Let the good doctor speak. ;-)

• Administrator

Hogan doesn't hire the writing staff though. Yeah, of course networking helps - that's how the business works.

I can only speak for myself.....I just think he's an awesome, friendly, genuine guy. Yes, I do like him as a breakdown writer (he wrote some of my favorite DAYS eps in 2007, ie. John's Funeral, the Thanksgiving ep), but knowing that he's those things I mentioned, makes me love the guy even more. LOL Alvin, remember that 3-4 hour discussion at ITZ chatroom with Tom where stopped by and we (along with Shawn, and I forget who else was there) went to like 2-3am and we discussed like every soap (even cancelled ones like PC, AW). I cannot say enough about how cool and down to earth he is. So yeah, that's where my Casiello lovefest comes from. :D

Sure it is.

What Khan said. It's not like we pronouncing him as the great breakdown writer ever. We're just saying, we like the guy, that's all. :)

What Alvin said. You think a breakdown writer, on a trial no less, is going to come in and change the direction and ruin of the show? Come on, man. LOL I expected more writer-knowledge from you, Ron!! I'm disappointed in you. :P;)

• Members

LOL this tiresome ish again. It's an OPINION and it's mine, please don't perceive you can speak for me or read my mind.

The man gets what makes soaps tick. Go back and read his blogs all the way through. The man GETS IT.

He'll be an asset to Y&R. I'm not surprised though, he's not the kind of guy Frons would want around, he doesn't seem like he would cowtow to Fronsie

• Members

Wow, that's...vivid. :lol:

Needless to say, I am in total agreement w/ you, DF. Maria's giving him a chance (...and so should we). Trust me, with economics as rotten as they are right now, if he isn't up to her standards, she'll let him go. As simple as that.

• Members

No, I won't, I hate this insinuation. I really have no time to go digging through your old posts pointing out to exactly that. :P It doesn't matter? Really? My, my. :D Of course it matters. Of course people are allowed to change their opinion. What I wanted to say is that I find strange, to use that adjective, that you first professed undying love and all of a sudden when Alvin, Sinclair and Co. started hating Tom, you jumped onto that bandwagon, too. :P That's all. But then again... You're a Libra. You're like a pendulum, oscillating between one point and the other.

No, I don't.

Like I said.

Archived