Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This person is not official of course but I looked up the stats he is referring to and he's right. If this continues. looks like Warnock wins. Abrams may not win tonight, but it will be her and her organization that helped propel him to victory.

By the way WTF Uvalde. The idea dems had a lock on latinos?  I think this might be the fact that right wing billionaires have been buying up Spanish talk radio for the last few years. Thank goodness we have at least the latina coalition doing the same on the liberal side. Now if only male liberals could do this.

• Members

And now, exciting news from a man whose name has me highly doubtful he can possibly exist:

Media pundits are struggling with this one:

My realistic best case for this midterm was keeping the Senate, denying the media their beloved red wave and a small GOP House majority. We may be on track for that, or we may not.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Magdi Jacobs said this earlier and I now think she is right: The GOP is weak. They project strength but even with gerrymandering and media cover, they're weak on a fundamental level in terms of policy, substance and the candidates they put up, something McConnell was right to critique not long ago. This should've been a wave for them, it wasn't. Even if we lose the Senate (and I don't believe we will), this is not the rout they and their media friends were hoping for. They're weak at core, and if we want to win more than just future rounds of Republican clean-up duty, more Democrats are going to have to learn how to kill them in the media and in campaigning, and we're going to have to build better media for Democrats too, not just a couple liberal voices (who keep getting fired) on networks that are managed by center-right management and ownership.

I'm not worried about coming back from this midterm, however it all shakes out. I've lived through several supposed 'permanent Republican majorities' on and off for 20 years and watched them flop and lose. It doesn't last. I'm more worried about Dems getting out of this larger cycle of just swapping places with the GOP and cleaning up Republican messes, then being expected to 'unite' with the GOP and not taking the steps necessary to reform the systemic issues that have undone our system and can make much worse than this possible someday. I'm worried about the systemic problems with our democracy. The Democrats have been positioned for too long by the media and the party itself as the custodial crew any time America goes downhill. Republicans are allowed to have insane psychotic breaks or wild international adventures but it's Democrats who pick up the bill, clean up the house and then get hectored on how to pay for it and keep being nice to Republicans, criticized not to pursue major Dem initiatives. That frame is not sustainable anymore. We can't keep doing 2, 4, 6, 8 year election cycles where Republicans make the country worse, Dems scramble to clean it up in a polite way and then Republicans reap the benefits of their work or the lingering discontent and do it all over again. This is a cycle that is not viable anymore because the right wing plot against America has escalated by leaps and bounds in the last few months and years. They put in the work.

Democrats have to act with their own agency, not the small amount of agency afforded to them by pundit brains and Beltway thinking drafting them to clean up Republican messes every cycle. If Republicans are weak, then it is time to finish them as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Warnock and Walker remain on a knife's edge. But:

Georgia is very, very tight and may very well mean the balance of the Senate again. We probably won't know tonight. Fetterman has most likely won.

And no, there's no red wave.

There's a lot of stories like this one emerging: