Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Associated Press hasn't called the Oregon governor yet.  Nor has ABC news. 
Oregon allows mailed ballots to be postmarked by election day, and will accept correctly postmarked ones for several more days.

The Oregonian newspaper is now calling or projecting it for Tina Kotek.
The majority of uncounted votes are in the Portland region, so likely blue.

If Kotek wins, this would mean two lesbian governors elected (Massachusetts and Oregon).

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I'd like to reiterate that all those recent "Kevin McCarthy, society man of Washington" fawning puff pieces from DC outlets eager to curry his favor and sourcing in the new House are going to be so much worthless tin when he can't handle his caucus and soon, gets his throat cut by the mutinous GOP in favor of someone else (which is already being reported).

Some of us were hoping for this moment if we somehow kept the House, but however we get there it's still good.

• Members

As I mentioned before, I spent weeks off and on doing deep canvassing over the phone. The local NARAL group I was working with were targeting independents and GOP suburban women. The calls focused on abortion rights. This is why I was skeptical of the polls. Close to 80% of those women supported abortion rights. I know it's hard to believe that women especially those groups would vote based on that, but most of the women said it was number one on their list as an issue. It doesn't mean other things don't matter. We have to stop listening to a media and press that pushes narratives that treat people as stupid and everyone as only caring about 1 issue. When I type that point out it sounds even more ridiculous. And the media and press will always find people to confirm their own biased narratives.