Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I really can't remember who mentioned Michael Moore, if it was @Vee or @JaneAusten or someone else, but as someone who has never had any stomach for the man in 20 years, I did want to say that he was right about the elections, and thanks to those of you who posted the articles quoting him, even if I didn't take them seriously at the time. 

• Members

I ignored that article completely! I don't post him anymore. I'll have to look it up.

I did quietly suspect this midterm would be close to these results (my prediction was a safe Senate and narrow GOP House majority), but I did get spooked near the end and start second-guessing myself. Still, seeing the complete collapse of the red wave narrative, the distinct probability of expanding the Senate and even potentially saving the House was beyond my dream.

ETA: As much as I've grown to detest Moore, he does make some very good points here.

Edited by Vee

• Members

While I don’t consider myself a conspiracy theorist, I can understand why some would think the timing of the release of this information is suspicious. After the elections this news comes out?

https://indianexpress.com/article/world/after-months-of-stubborn-inflation-glimmers-of-hope-emerge-8262745/

• Members

I don't know if I posted an article by Moore, but I did say I agreed with him to some extent.  He has not always been right  -  remember he predicted Romney would win I believe. And frankly I think he's a *ackass. But I think he had his thumb on things this election. He was right about Roe which was the main thing for me because it matched what I was hearing from REAL PEOPLE, not mostly male pundits telling everyone and skewed polling indicating it didn't matter as much. The exit polls showed it did.

And I wish I could find the clip someone posted on twitter yesterday which was Joe Scarborough on his show asking Claire McCaskill what happened with Roe - meaning how did it elevate right before the election. She said it didn't just elevate them and it was mostly male pundits(a jab at Joe) telling everyone it no longer mattered.