Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You're right, @Vee it's disheartening to read but thank you for keeping up with it.

Mike Garcia is a far right extremist. I don't know if that district just loves him personally, or he's great at constituent service, but I wonder if running the same candidate against him three times is another reason. 

• Members

I mostly just feel bad for the candidates who had to often run with little help from some of the more dubious pols at the top this cycle (not Pelosi - I mean people like Maloney) and lose by narrow margins, but yes, it could have been much worse. 

In more amusing news...

• Members

Hi there @Juliajms! Glad you're back! I've been busy for awhile (not locked out or anything, but uber busy), so it's nice to see all the postings on here! 

Please register in order to view this content

I'm sooooo gonna laugh my ass off if Kari Lake loses. All that time getting a vacuum and making sure no bread crumbs or pigeon poop are on the carpet for nuthin'. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

What is it with books, man? Seriously. Now this dude wants to talk about how he really felt the day of January 6th. Pppppffffftttttt. Next. I hope this book sells as much as (or as little as) Meghan McCain's. Yeah, I get that it's all about $$$, but if one really cares about the safety and the well-being of their life or the lives of their family, they would have expressed or been vocal about that earlier. I dunno. I just find this preposterous.

Edited by Noel

• Members

This is her third time losing. I don't know Christy Smith but honestly did the DCCC recruit her to run again? And if anything maybe Maloney losing was a little bit of karma.   I was not at all on board with them spending money on election deniers. And he kind of did Mondaire Jones wrong.

I am bummed about the house but initially I didn't expect it. Those in districts that wanted normal and voted for these people will get what they didn't want. Dysfunction. Unfortunately their bad decision impacts all of us.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Regardless of who wins the House, if the majority is only 1-2 seats, these next two years are going to be ungovernable. First, Congresspeople miss votes for lots of reasons. If McCarthy follows through and gets rid of proxy voting and forces members to be physically present to vote, guess what's going to happen when a couple of people's flight's get delayed or cancelled... 

Then there is vacancies, due to health, death, resignation, etc.  Vacancies in the House are MUCH more common than the Senate. In fact, I think few people realize, this current Congress has had at least 1 vacant seat almost every day. Hell it started out with a vacant seat because someone died between the election in November 2020 and when Congress was sworn in, in January 2021.  

Then there is the split between the MAGA wing of the GOP and those the more moderates that aren't' nut jobs. 

If I was the Dems, I'd be looking at the Alaskan legislature. What happened there was even though the Republicans have the most seats, because their party was so split, the Moderate Republicans formed a coalition with the Democrats and they've had a majority for a few years now. That's what I'd try to do, those Republicans that won in CA and NY in areas that Biden won, they likely going to lose their seat or be primaried by the MAGA wing in 2024 anyways. Make a few promises to them, find a moderate that can be a caretaker speaker for 2 years. Otherwise it's going to be a HOT mess.