The Politics Thread

• Members

Glad to see so many Dem wins in Nevada!

That said, I sadly think Laxalt will defeat Mastro. At least that's what it looks like now. 84% counted, and she is down 47.8% to Laxalt's 49.2%.

All that gloomy-sounding stuff aside, it has been A LOT better for Dems than I thought it would be, so I'm overall content.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Washington State is a Mail-Only election state. The rules are that ballots must be postmarked by election day, but there is no deadline for them to arrive.  If they are postmarked by election day, they must be counted.

Washington State's 3rd Congressional District is represented by Republican Jaime Herrera Beutler.  She voted for impeachment, so the GOP did not support her in the primary; and thus she is out at the end of this year/congressional session.  

The Republican who won the primary for her seat is Trump supporter Joe Kent.
So far, the Democrat Marie Gluesenkamp Perez is ahead, but it will take a while to count all the ballots, as ballots are still arriving in the mail.

• Members

Thanks for finding that, @Vee That truly is much higher than I thought they'd get this year. Ideally we can scrape through a few more at the least. 

Lindsey Graham is a horrid little man. Shamefully race-baiting and going as over the top in a pearl-clutching manner as possible. I want Julia Sugarbaker to rise and lash into him. I'm not going to act like this can't work, but I dearly hope it doesn't. 

The media went hogwild this year, and for several years now, to tell us how many Latinos were true Republicans at heart, and all the rest. This article breaks down some of the Latino vote, and gains (or no gains).

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2022/11/10/23451639/midterm-latino-vote-takes-2022

• Members

This Nevada race is killing me. Why I care, I don't know. I live in NY. LOL!

But I am so confused. The way this is being framed, it sounds like CCM still has a shot, but based on how much is counted vs. left to go...*shrug*

Again, though, this midterm was basically a miracle for Dems. Even if we do lose majority, it will by NO MEANS be a mandate, and if the GOP has hopes of anything substantial being done, they will need to reach across the aisle.