The Politics Thread

• Members

Well I hope everyone has done what they can do. I am a half glass full kind of person and I don't really expect the dems to keep the house, but for goodness sakes if people were to look at this like a traditional mid term the polling is positive. Even with the rigged polls included. And not nearly as bad as 2010 where the GOP had a 9 point lead on the generic ballot.

But frankly I don't get it. The democrats had a 7 point lead on the generic ballot in 2018 and people were still doubting they would take the house. And with all the barriers the democrats still have against. them mainly the media and press landscape and not having an infrastructure like the Koch network of organizations which is bigger than the RNC and does more pre-election organizing than the RNC does, they are stil competitive. No one wants to lose and god knows what these people will do in the next 2 years, but we can't just throw our  hands up.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

May I ask for those who follow the polls and talking heads, what is the general prediction regarding Ron Johnson vs. Mandela Barnes in Wisconsin? It seems people think Ron's gonna hold onto the spot. Perhaps it's because I'm in the very blue capital city, but there is so much more enthusiasm to get Ron out. 

• Members

Based on the voting numbers so far today I'm inclined to agree, much as I wish I didn't. I feel like so many people in this country have just given up and are happy to embrace fascism (and that's not hyperbole, that's what it is), due to apathy, bigotry, and a media that works 24/7 for their Republican leaders.

Look at the pure glee from Nate Cohn, the disgust he feels for Democrats. He, like all the others at NYT who sent us to war in Iraq and gave their good friend Trump a kingdom, can't hide his contempt. This is the people who are sending us this country to a place we can never return from. And they are too bubbled up to realize the Beltway will be among the first who will be sent away. 

Johnson winning is the CW.

• Members

I voted by absentee ballot, but it's in eastern Massachusetts where it will likely be a blue drop in a blue ocean. I am praying that the general outturn is not nearly as bad as some media pundits say, and that we get a few positive surprises.

• Members

People have already written it off. Same thing happened in 2020 with the Red Mirage. And if the GOP was so confident we would not have lawsuits already filed in 3 states.  Same targets young people and PoC. There was a report on BBC about exit polls. Not who people voted for but the top 2 issues Top 2 issues tied Inflation and Abortion. 

• Members

Cheri Beasley is currently in the lead in the Senate race here in NC with over 53% of the vote in. Though most of her votes are mail in/early votes right now. Ted Budd currently has a large advantage with election day votes. I do wonder if she will be able to hold onto the lead or if he will overtake her. Especially when more of the election day votes are counted. North Carolina has shown it can go blue in recent years. So maybe things will end up working out for Cheri, even after those votes come in.

Edited by xtr