The Politics Thread

• Members

Ordinarily, I avoid both (in the beginning, it was just Walmart, which I rarely even ventured into, since there were almost no stores in my area anyway. But over the past few years, I added Amazon to the "no buy" list even though, once upon a time, I used to place orders with Amazon dating back to the late 1990s!)  Last year during the pandemic, they were literally just only two places that had certain necessities in stock that weren't charging exorbitant fees and had timely delivery. It pained me but I had to bite the bullet and order. Thankfully it was only about six or seven times for the entire 2020.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

We have an Amazon Fresh supermarket in my neighborhood.  It seems built for delivery rather than weekly shopping, because it looks more like a warehouse than a market.  But, the oddest thing is that they are frequently out of stock on major items like flour and soda pop.  If Amazon is out of stock, you know the supply chain must be an issue.

• Members

At least I can say that I stopped watching The Dr. Oz show about a year after it debuted, so I didn't have to be a witness to the rise of this charlatan.

It's really a shame though, that someone who could exude such charisma and could have done so much to foster greater trust and connection between people and the medical community seems to have done the opposite. There are a cavalcade of kooks running on the GOP side for the Senate in PA, including a former soap opera actress, who was an ambassador under Trump.

• Members

ditto. And the thing that makes me mad about Amazon is seeing the same products or very similar in quantity be so vastly different in price, for the same thing.  Like this past week, I was sick of buying soup by 2 or 3 cans at a time (I know - white people problem) - I just like to use my reusable/recyclable bags at the grocery store and you can only carry so much - so I went to Amazon and found VERY different prices on Progresso soups  - same ounces per can, but 5 cans versus 8 cans - and they were the SAME price.  Same soup.  5 cans vs. 8 cans.  Someone could easily pay that amount of money for 5 cans and could get 8 right next to it.  The 8 was closer to what the price should be per can.  If you hadn't noticed and bought the 5 can choice, it was $24.99.  FIVE DOLLARS EACH Per CAN.  That's INSANE.  It's that way with SO many things I see.  Same product, different prices for no reason, and just out and out GOUGING.  BOTH of my examples were from WHOLE FOODS!!