Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If the Democratic fusillade continues (and I think some of it will) he is likely to get more than he cares for. When people in the press gaggles hit Manchin on sore points, like his family's money or the CTC, he hollers and loses his cool. The leak today about his CTC comments is not a coincidence.

• Members

I love how the Democrats are applying the pressure to Manchin, but I hope they're also getting out the message that the ones we should REALLY be angry with are the Republicans, since not a single one of 'em has chosen to support legislation that would help so many individuals in this country, thereby forcing us into this situation where one pissant from WV can potentially sink Biden's entire agenda.

• Members

The thing here is that he says, repeatedly, that he would never support BBB and he knew it all along. Many of us suspected it from the start bc his arguments against it have always been circular, repetitious and half-baked, and when he dropped one he'd always go back to another. Now today, in his radio interview, he has gone back to old stuff he was saying last spring or summer and referring to testing and committees, things that have already been done in several cases on key components.

It's possible that dropping climate and adding pork would get his vote on pieces of this bill, and that may be a goal worth pursuing. But I don't think he wants to do anything period, it's clear now that his bruised ego and right-wing sensibility is far more important to him than any other political enrichment he might actually get from the passage, and I hope the WH doesn't take too much from the Politico Whisperers insisting there is a way to get to 'yes' with Manchin. I think any yes would be extremely meager and they should consider looking at Murkowski.

All that being said: It is very possible Manchin's vote will be there for us on voting rights, so there is that.

• Members

Frankly, at this point, I don't care.  Even if the Senate gets the voting rights legislation passed -- and I still think that's a big "if" -- the GOP will just find another way to disenfranchise POC while the Democrats will insist we keep going high.