The Politics Thread

• Members

Meh they should have been courting Murkowski. Just like McConnell spent time courting Manchin and Sinema.   Get the 50 votes that way and how about try Ben Sasse who CLAIMS to support voting rights. Could Murkowski be persuaded to help carve out an exception to the filibuster for voting rights? She'd be more reasonable than Manchin has been. And it's clear he HATES a lot of West Virginians.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The nerve of this man. Of course there will always be bad actors, but that is not a good reason to punish all poor children. I guess it must be easier to live with yourself if you believe people are poor because of moral failings.

I think we are well past this issue. Now we are lurching towards being a completely failed democracy and no one with power knows how to fight it. It's not hard to imagine being under repressive Republican rule for a very long time to come no matter what the majority of people want. Meanwhile, you know who is out there and waiting for another chance in 2024.

• Members

For any rep for WV to be against this the way they’ve wasted money on a Highway to nowhere is so stupid. He picked a damn ridiculous time to find fiscal responsibility.  I feel no empathy for that state if a disaster strikes. Let ‘em suffah.  I’m a snowflake but I’m an iron one when I get pissed.

They’re too stupid to notice Trump is picking off their own old guard one by one until there’s no one left but his minions.  They are dumb enough to think one of themselves will emerge to beat him.  And they won’t and then stand around claiming “this isn’t the Republican Party!” Yes it is you dumb*ucks.  

• Members

The coal miners union normally a big Manchin supporter has asked him to reconsider his stance. Apparently BBB includes an extension to a fund that provides benefits to coal miners suffering from black lung  disease which expires this year. They also praised tax incentives that encourage manufacturers to build facilities in coalfields that would employ thousands of miners who lost their jobs. Imagine Manchin voting NO on this.