Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ann Coulter tearing into Trump to try to boost DeSantis tells you what many in the GOP want going forward. The media loves DeSantis, so he has a good shot, but he talks like a Brady sister...which is probably why the GOP is now trying to cancel debates for the 2024 primary.

• Members

I can't with this kind of reasoning. We passed two huge spending that included lots of support for the poor (Child Tax Credit, increased SNAP, free school lunches), states just got millions of dollars to fix crumbling bridges, millions of people vaccinated, lowest unemployment in a generation, record numbers of new judges from diverse backgrounds but we should put McConnell back in charge because "nothing will ever get done as things currently stand, anyway?"

• Members

I haven't seen this but on another topic from Ann it's a shocking day when she says something that we can agree with - not so long ago when people were attacking Biden on the results of the withdrawal from Afghanistan she mentioned that most Republicans talked about it and so did Trump and wanted to do it but no one had the balls to do it...at least Biden did and there was no way it was ever going to be perfect. Of course she tossed in a swipe at Obama as well which I would suspect, but I was shocked at least she gave Biden props for that.

In regard to the Polls and negatives for Biden, I just think about 90%+ Presidents (probably more) weren't handed the bag of steaming shi* and complete dumpster fire that Biden was handed.  I can't think of 4 years of more awfulness that we had just endured.  The Great Depression was no prize but the U.S. didn't have such negatives sentiments against us from so many nations. I say that honestly and without apology and I guess people could say that's typical for a Democrat but I do try to look at all possible situations and outcomes and whatever before I just spit out talking points.

• Members

I would rather have other nations hate us than live through The Great Depression. Hell, 2008 was a little too close for comfort, but that's just me.  Biden really has been given a bad hand though. The pandemic, economy and obstruction are all ugly right now. For some reason gas prices have always been a big issue for voters. I don't quite understand why given that prices are so much higher in other countries.

I think so too, but this time I'm hopeful enough to think he won't be around to run. I can't imagine living through that nightmare again.