The Politics Thread

• Members

He already pulled some weird stunt in the subway, and is being ratioed for it, so not off to the best of beginnings.

He needs to focus.

In other parts of the world-

This was a sad read.

A good friend of mine who is South Korean has said she would never marry a Korean man and I never understood it, thought it was somewhat extreme a mindset to hold but reading this article made me think of her and why she might think this way.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

One year ago this week, the January 6th terrorists attacked the US Capitol.

To read how the day went, start reading on page 2287 of this thread. We were in here all day posting what was happening as it happened. Through page 2309 of this thread.  Twenty-four pages of hell.  Also courage as the electoral college votes were counted and certified by responsible politicians -- despite the terrorists' efforts to derail it, and crazed politicians' efforts to derail it.  And the police who protected the congress, senate, and staffers.

It is exceedingly triggering for our country to remember all that.
It's also exhausting.

And it was so refreshingly wonderfully boring to see Biden's presidency.

But we must never forget Jan. 6, 2021.
Don't bring the participants to fame. Bring them to shame.
And focus on the heroic members of congress, senate, staffers, and police who did their jobs to make sure the election was certified.

Never forget.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I saw quotes, probably "out of context" of one congressman saying "if it hadn't been for the videos the people would have looked like any normal protesters on any other day."  Yeah, Ok.  This goes right in the bucket of great quotes like..."DC actually has a low crime rate if it wasn't for all the killin's"  -Marion Berry.  

• Members

Re: the Jan 6th anniversary speeches by Biden and Harris. 
It felt to me that they are using this as a springboard to advance the voting rights legislation.

(They didn't mention anything about that in their speeches.  Just an impression I had.)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Today Greta Van Susteren tweeted that this would be an important speech by the President and she hoped he didn't make it political because the country was so divided.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because UM yeah, this whole THING wasn't political was it Greta?  WHY is it DIVIDED you stupid *ITCH?   I wanted to tweet back at her to STFU.  

My God.  REALLY.?????  Because you know, the Republicans NEVER would have been political if this had been the other way around...say a crowd of black people had taken over the Capitol briefly, someone died, stuff like that...and you WON the election.  Your President NEVER EVER would have made it political.  Jesus.

Every time I think I'm not a good enough Democrat, maybe I'm more moderate, maybe I'm leaning conservative on something.... someone speaks like that and snaps me right back to reality - thank God.

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

Newt "I started the road to authoritarianism in Congress!" Gingrich was whining about Biden being divisive, too.

Pot, meet freakin' kettle.

On another note, Adam Kinzinger did not attend today's remembrance because his wife is due to give birth any minute. I was sort of shocked to only see the Cheneys and not him there in terms of GOP officials. At least Kinzinger had a valid excuse.