The Politics Thread

• Members

If he does vote no, just wait for a Trumper challenger coming his way running nasty yet truthful ads that say Manchin HATES coal miners.  He voted AGAINST you for important legislation that would have HELPED you!  

And it will serve him right.  Honestly how can someone be this stupid to not see it coming.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He's a very rich man who is going to be in his mid '70s by that point. I think he's fine with losing, if he even runs again. He can say - with lots of gushing from the Beltway to back him up - that he put "the right thing" over "special interests groups."

• Members

I mean, Schumer appears ready to put it on the floor and make him vote no, which is also what Waters said above they should do. I think it will happen and it should. But I don't blame anyone for the likely result of that vote or for Manchin's behavior but Manchin. I have had many issues with Jayapal in the past but she played it smart when she came out the other day and said that she didn't blame POTUS but Manchin who she felt betrayed Biden's trust. That's the kind of talk that gets her labeled a sellout by the dirtbag left, but it's the truth.

• Members

They are terrible at messaging at almost every level.  Trumpkin vs. McAuliffe proved it.  Terry's response ads -- I was waiting for them to be really stupid.  I said as soon as it started, PLEASE DO NOT SAY TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT.  DON'T DO IT.  And that's exactly what they did.  Instead of saying I believe in PUBLIC education, and parents have a right to have input into their child's education - but I highly doubt they're going to sit down with every teacher every night to do their lesson plans.  Education means respecting every Religion and every fact.  Both I and my opponent attended Private schools but I KNOW not everyone can afford it and it's not the answer for the majority of Virginians.  That's why I favor Public education. ANYTHING but out of context....just SO STUPID.