Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Nothing much is happening to end this madness.  The police in Windsor cleared some vehicles out but didn’t really do anything else.  No arrests, no nothing. Then more and more people started coming as the day went on.  The bridge is still closed.  

Same in Ottawa.  The police aren’t doing anything because there’s too many people on the weekend. There was an injunction earlier in the week that wouldn’t allow excessive honking/noise. Now the protestors aren’t listening to that injunction because they know nothing is going to happen to them.   There’s also the situation where there are kids living in 1/4 of the trucks/vehicles in the occupied area  They are using children as shields.

Here’s some of them deputizing themselves as the “Canadian Common Corps of Peace Officers.”  They are nuts. 

This whole ordeal has been a national embarrassment.  

• Members

The old boys network is too afraid to take a risk. The next GOP President, especially if it is a pig like DeSantis, will not be afraid - and the media will back him up all the way. I hope Merrick Garland keeps that in mind, but who am I kidding? 

The worship of Mueller, partially driven by grifters who made money off picture books and other merchandise, was shameful, even  if many of those who decry it most are  hypocrites who never talk about their own incredibly  embarrassing idolization of Bernie, or his money-grubbing sidekicks like David Sirota (now an Oscar nominee, ridiculously) and  Nina Turner. 

@Toups sorry to hear about the trucker situation still going on and on. Here, Rand Paul recently called for truckers to disrupt the Super  Bowl. So much for caring about the economy or the supply chain...not that it ever matters, Republicans do and say what they want and no one cares.  

Speaking of no one caring, people are upset today over photos of Kelsey Grammer at Mar a lago. I wonder how many will still be watching Frasier. I never did watch Frasier, something has always put me off about Grammer anyway, so no loss for me. 

• Members

The show is funny but what ought to be remembered is the fact that Grammer did not write one line in those scripts because...writers (and I have an episode script and a Sherwood outline saved from grad school to prove it).

Also, the people who believed that Grammer could ever have a successful reboot of the series without David Hyde Pierce, Jane Leeves and Peri Gilpin must be out of their minds.  Grammer did make an attempt at a sitcom without them once before. It was called "Back To You" and it was awful (imagine, taking the two least likeable actors from their respective sitcoms and putting them together and expecting people to watch)!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Exactly.  Plus, I'm generally not someone who stops watching this-or-that TV series or movie, because this-or-that actor has proven him/herself to be a total jackass.  (Although, in the past, I have made exceptions, lol.).  If I were to "cancel" every show, movie, play, whatever that contained an actor whose beliefs I disagreed with, or whose past misdeeds I found reprehensible, I'd never watch anything on TV or streaming ever again.