Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Stateside, the impact is interesting: The GOP is blinkered on this topic as a whole, struggling to find a way to condemn a war which is suddenly going badly for Putin and try to detach themselves and Trump from it. Biden's sanctions and response thus far are strong (and Putin acted as he predicted, despite left, right and centrist media poohpoohing it for weeks up til the last few days). And for the first time I'm not sure Putin will be in power in a month. It's an awful thing happening, but the Ukrainian response is something to see. What a time to live in.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Putin absolutely and totally miscalculated this one. Which isn't surprised, considering the leaks and rumors coming out how isolated he's been and how small his inner circle. He's totally detached from reality, not to mention, like most dictatorships, mostly gets advice of what he wants to hear. 

His goal is a weaker NATO and west and regardless of what happens, he got the exact the opposite. 

I was reading someplace that this war is costing Russia $20 billion a day. The US can afford a war like that, but Russia with an economy the size of Texas can't. Add on the top the financial sanctions. I don't think the Russian people will to over through, the oligarchs might do it themselves. 

• Members

Unbelievable that we should have to say this, but no, the Russians are not capable of dropping the ISS on anyone deliberately. Please stop taking your news from clickbait mills like the Hill. Also, before it gets posted, the "Ghost of Kiev" does not exist.

(It's okay to not be fully briefed on a specific piece of news or part of the world. If you don't know something for sure, verify it or ask other people, or leave it to them. I am no expert on the Russian geopolitical situation, but I can take the time to look into something and do research and then post it or not; it's what we should expect of any of us here.)

Meanwhile, it is coming up on dawn in the States on the East Coast and the Russians still do not appear to have taken Kyiv. They also have not taken Kharkiv.

Edited by Vee