Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Biden's annual State of the Union speech. Tues March 1st at 6pm Eastern.
On cspan.  Just the speech.  No commentary. 

Cspan set it up to be automatically followed by the Republican response to his speech (which I'd rather not watch.)
I'll try later on to find a clip with just Biden's speech.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I hope he survives too, but it seems unlikely. Let's just hope that Europe and the States can get enough aid there in time to really help. Why we didn't do it sooner I don't know.

For people who want to help I would look to donating to some of the refugee charities that are already on the ground. Maybe pressure our leaders to increase the number of refuges let in by a couple hundred thousand. That could help a lot of war torn people around the globe..

• Members

I think they were paralyzed with doubt and fear - that they would escalate the conflict, and also that they would get the blame (which many are still doing). I also think that the world opinion of the US is now so low that many did not believe it when Biden told people what was going to happen.

With roads blocked off it just feels like we are slowly watching people die without being able to do anything, until it's  over and the press starts spinning about how Putin was awesome and had a secret plan all along that we were too stupid to get, and most of those who are currently paying lip service about not doing business with them go back to basics, like what happened with 1/6. 

• Members

That makes a lot of sense. 

As to the second part, I urge anyone with mental health struggles not to watch the video. It is not normal to be a spectator of war. Helplessness in the face of atrocity is a recipe for depression.  Keeping up with what's going on is one thing, watching people murdered with your own eyes is another.

• Members

Something else caused in large part by Putin. And something else, like Ukraine, denied and enabled by many American, Canadian, European stooges for that regime.  If there is a hell, the "independent journalists" on Putin's payroll will be burning there. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Russia's various ministers and their puppets on cable news and social media are all coalescing around the line that Russia is being "canceled" by the West. Sadly this is the type of talking point that many eat up.

• Members

Unfortunately, between the cancel talking points (revved up because of the yacht seizures), Putin's latest lunatic speech,  the whataboutism and claims that if you care about the Ukraine you are racist, and the bot farms that are all over Twitter today, I do think many will fall into line over here. But I suppose in the end it doesn't matter anyway - what matters are the moneymen who are pretending to care for about another week until they start lining their pockets again. And we can do nothing about them.

The food story explains the images of soldiers looting markets in Kherson.

There's some irony in the dead-end leftists who kept taunting, "LOL YES, YOU  WANT TO FIGHT RUSSIA IN WINTER?!?!!?!" being unsure of how to reply to such terrible decisions (supposedly tanks are now getting stuck in the mud) from a man they worship as a god, and the Russian military ads they get horny over not comparing to the reality of young, scared men.

Julia Ioffe's tweets about Moscow are very informative, but they make me wonder if she ever cared about the many people in Moscow who never got to experience her world, and have been persecuted for many years. Given her politics, I doubt it. 

I saw one foreigner in Russia who was worried their money would be seized. I'm not sure why anyone who moves over there would expect differently.

I saw that Moldova is trying to get into the EU as they know they are next. 

Edited by DRW50