Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Rick Schroder is a clueless idiot. These people are delusional.  Spend a day in Moscow getting your messages checked by the police Ricky! Then tell us how oppressed you are.

This info about the refugee ceiling in The States is interesting. If you look at the graph a quarter way down the page you can see we haven't been coming anywhere close to meeting the allotted numbers. I know it's Trump's fault for gutting the system, but those of us who care need to pressure our officials to get these programs back up and running properly.

Asylum in the United States - Wikipedia

Good thread by Kasparov:

• Members

A long, and demoralizing, thread on Putin's propaganda efforts in Russia and also on attacks in the Ukraine. Some have pointed out that this is unfair as the rallies are likely staged/forced,, but I imagine, similar to the US with Iraq, there are also many Russians who are happy to go along with this massacre.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

This is almost like that episode of "Silver Spoons" where Ricky tries to settle a labor dispute at a restaurant that his grandfather owns.

Ricky (Stratton) had no business getting involved in that mess, and Ricky (Schroder) has no business getting involved in this mess either.

Oh, he knows how it feels to be oppressed.  Remember that episode where Edward grounded him for staying out too late with his friends?

Edited by Khan

• Members

Whenever I see any organization claiming to be on behalf of 'The People,' I give it a huge side-eye.

Since 2016, there has suddenly appeared all manner of vengeful nastiness and buffoonery under this banner. The People's Convoy. The Will of the People (used to push through Brexit over the course of 2016-2019). It all sounds very 1930s and 40s when all manner of unspeakable evil was imposed on, well, people by power-mad characters and their acolytes.

Edited by Cat

• Members

As @Juliajms mentioned on the last page, our immigration processes are so backed up. I am already seeing the clampdown used by scumbag leftists like Hasan Piker to give pro-Putin talking points, jeering at  the US and the UK for not letting enough refugees in. Unlike the UK, which is headed by a very zealous anti-immigrant figure (Priti Patel), I think Biden and those under him have more compassion (even if, realistically, we would not be getting a lot of Ukranian refugees anyway - they would be more likely to want to stay in Europe). It just feels like, similar to the Post Office issues and Merrick Garland at the Justice Department, there are so many combinations cautious, fearful officials and the far right  figures Trump installed at all levels of government still being there to gum up the works.