Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Right. The Republicans had the upper hand in more ways than one. If you are Nancy Pelosi you care that every single day that goes by means another day of food insecurity for millions of people.  I'm guess the Democrats also look at this in terms of economies of scale so to speak. A desperate single mother of three is getting $2,400. That is enough to help in the short term. It might be enough to bridge some people until things get a little better.

I really feel for single people though. Politicians are always going on about families, but what about a single person who's rent is $1,000 a month? In a decent society we would be paying people a reasonable amount each month to stay home. If it wasn't obvious before, it is increasingly clear that America is only for the strong and the lucky. Good luck being those things your whole life.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

You are completely right.

Given everything that has happened to me and continue to happen to me, I do consider myself lucky and grateful. And I'm grateful because I know there are people who are worst off than me. And it is definitely difficult because I do spend my days dealing with people who come across more entitled than suffering and that makes it worse sometimes. 

There are people who are barely getting by and they honestly think 600 is just the be-all, end-all, and solution.

Tone deaf. Especially when other countries with all of these follies have done more for their people. 

Clearly they ain't #$&*.

• Members

People in other countries have always side-eyed the U.S. in many aspects politically, while finding pockets of things/people to admire but this process leading to this emergency "aid" package has made the U.S. a laughingstock.  Only GB has taken some of the focus away (but not much) from how entirely ridiculous this country looks right now.

While I personally have my thoughts about the aspect of a candidate connected so intimately with Wall Street running for mayor in a city like NYC, speaking purely from an artistic perspective, this is a well put together ad!

I've sometimes have had my issues with Spike Lee and how some aspects of his vision come across storywise but I have to say, over recent years, he's gotten better at presenting a picture that better encompasses complexity, especially across the spectrum of gender and intersectionality.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Not one dime. which is why when I hear some here in St. Louis say they will vote republican, I just shake my head. they have SHOWN US time and time again they don't care. we are starving and dying out her, yet they get vaccine shots before we do?! WTH is that?!