Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's awful. The Republicans like that fat drunk Matt Gaetz who went around wearing a [!@#$%^&*] gas mask in the House as a joke should always be remembered for their crassness and ignorance and helping to spread what we now have.

Apparently he wasn't a mask-wearer (?). I hope this will be a lesson to others. I'm sorry to his friends and family for their loss.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Runoffs tend to favor Republicans in Georgia, so you're likely right. I think polling has become all but meaningless so I'm not sure how much either party is going to be relying on it going forward. It also depends on whether the media convinces people to fall for the idea that the GOP wanted to do the bill but Democrats didn't go along.

I notice the fauxgressives tried to make Richard Durbin's complaining about Bernie holding up the NDAA bill into the main issue of the day, alongside the pointless effort to stop Pelosi from being speaker, so clearly the issue is hurting the GOP somewhat. But Mitch usually gets what he wants and suffers no political consequences - I imagine the same is true this time. Republicans always win, one way or another. And we pay the price.

Nate Cohn has been following the early voting results. He's said that so far turnout is more favorable to Democrats than the general was, but cautions it doesn't matter because we have no idea what the election day turnout will be.

Edited by DRW50