Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What a shocker - media sites like Bloomberg already trying to spin the $2,000 check vote not going through as being down to the House, rather than Republicans. The online grifters will soon follow. The talking points are already out on who will be blamed for people not getting the package or an increase on the package. I wish I could believe that people won't fall for it yet again. 

• Members

So are Kentucky voters that dumb or are voter suppression efforts that effective? I could've even overlooked Susan Collins' cowardice self slithering back in, but McConnell's reelection is unforgivable.

For months now, I have been under the impression that no further relief will get passed until Biden gets in office. Each day that passes without a bill being passed strengthens that belief. Very sad to have to say that.

• Members

Not that it's far off the truth, but that is a parody Twitter account.

Unless Democrats manage to get the tie in the Senate, then I don't think there will be any real relief. There will be bare bones, mostly there to help the rich, with Democrats browbeaten by all corners of the media and fauxgressive Twitter to take it, then shamed by the same corners for doing so.

The best to hope for outside of a miracle win in Georgia is a few Republican senators gaining a conscience and switching like Jim Jeffords did.

• Members

There is a very high probability that by the time Biden takes the oath of office there will have been so much suffering that there will be enough concensus to push through a bill that is at least equal to the size of the one passed in the spring.

Do you think that what happened with GA in the presidential election was a miracle? Personally, I don't. I saw it as the result of a lot of work.

• Members

I think it took a lot of work, but I think Trump losing was a miracle, yes, alongside the hard work. He underperformed compared to the Senate candidates, so I think it will be even more difficult with the Senate seats. Biden was a very safe choice (in a good way electorally), not as easy to demonize, whereas there have been racialized, disgusting attacks against Raphael Warnock for his race, religion, personal life, etc. now resorting to having his ex-wife come out and make accusations against him. Jon Ossoff is an underperformer in his past races, so I am not really expecting much of a change.

Hopefully they can pull it out.

I couldn't get past how, the day that the news of Trump pocket vetoing the relief bill came out, the stock market went up. That was a real eye-opener for the amount of pain those who run this country are fine with accepting. So, unless something truly changes in this country, I think we'll see more of what we've been getting with cutting off money and letting people suffer and die.

• Members

The pardon of the Blackwater f*ckers is one more stain on our nation. I made the very big mistake of reading the details of the case just now. I knew the fact that two children died, but not how.  This is the type of case that makes it hard for me to say I'm anti death penalty. If I am, it's only because I don't believe it can ever be administered fairly. Nevertheless, if I were on a jury I would have had no problem sentencing these bastards to death. I hope every one of them rots in hell.

I'm posting the link some of us just have to know, but don't read this unless you're soul and mind can take it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/24/opinions/blackwater-defendants-pardon-trump-opinion-oconnor/index.html