The Politics Thread

• Members

^ Did my friend tell everyone who would listen that lung cancer is a hoax? Did she encourage other people to smoke because lung cancer is no big deal? Is she trying to take healthcare away from millions while engaging in a massive disinformation campaign about cancer and how to treat and prevent it? 

Please register in order to view this content

What a ridiculous analogy.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wish people could just stop being hobags at such a crucial time. Tillis has never been popular, but now he has COVID and Cunningham is sending sexts to a woman while he's married - Democrats will be lucky to not lose that seat now. So depressing. I'm glad I never thought they would get the Senate so I can't feel really shocked if they don't, but if they don't get the Senate Biden will have much much less of a chance at fixing anything. Ugh.

Rachel Maddow bending over backwards to not only feel for Trump, but to shame anyone who doesn't is a great reminder of why so many lose faith in the process. Thanks for nothing. 

• Members

This is why I never go along with people who insist MSNBC is progressive or even liberal. It's all performance art. All of cable news makes big money off Trump. They need him. They may have progressive views in their own lives, but they also have bills to pay. 

• Members

I like Rachel and don't think she wants or enjoys Trump in office, but she lurches to austere statements like that off and on and it irritates the hell out of me.

When Geraldo is the voice of relative sanity:

• Members

Cunningham is super lucky his news broke the same weekend the plague is running through the White House. It won't get nearly as much airtime in the press. It could certainly cost him the senate election, but there's enough seats in play Dems can still take the Senate. He did the smart thing and owned up to it and in terms of scandals go, as long there's not anything else, that's pretty mild. Voters can be forgiving if you own up and admit your mistakes. Since Biden and Gov. Cooper are polling ahead in North Carolina , they might help Cunningham squeeze out a win. 

Edited by wingwalker

• Members

Ron Johnson is one of the most odious members of the Senate. It still annoys me that Russ Feingold (who had become very up his own ass but was a much better senator) lost to him. He's a moron and complicit in the worst of everything of the last decade. Even worse than these three rushing back to push the vote for Jonestown cultist Barrett through is all the people they are going to infect and kill that we will never hear about, because they aren't rich.