The Politics Thread

• Members

I think Biden will certainly win the debates, but so did Hillary. Hell, so did the primary candidates he debated. What actually logical points did Trump make? He basically just stood there and called people names and that worked. I think it's possible that JB is folksy enough himself that that won't work on him.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Of course. But, for good or bad, many people hated Hillary. Unfair, but a reality. But it seems many (non-Trumpkins) like or at least respect Joe Biden. I mean, when you have Meidas Touch AND The Lincoln Project - mainly GOP - going to bat for him, that counts for something.

Not to say Trump's cult still won't declare him the winner in any debates, but where it counts is the voting ballot/booth. And Biden seems to be doing better than Hillary was at this same point in 2016.

Time will tell the tale. I just hope I'm right. For the sake of the country.

• Members

The debates are meaningless. They're a shitpile. The only reason they are important is because of a lazy, hack-filled media who want a circus. They hate us and they hate this country and they will do anything to give Trump his win. Expect huge, nonstop spin for Trump in these. And if he doesn't do well, Trump and the GOP already have their talking point - they will say Biden was using a teleprompter or had answers in an earpiece. 

Speaking of shitpiles:

• Members

A few years ago, I referred to Trump as someone with Jim Jones proclivities but I sensed that people thought I was being tongue in cheek then. I was not. Trump has many disturbing similarities with Jones, down to the slavish cult members who view him as their sole means of salvation. With Mike Pompeo running off to Guyana to scout prospects (presumably oil), I am truly unnerved.

• Members

The debates are going to be just like the conventions were with Biden having to nothing to gain and Trump having nothing to lose and everything to gain. The media has ignored Trump shaking and slurring words on stage but they won't if Biden even slips up a little bit.

• Members

Now that Nina Turner has managed to help kneecap a progressive movement that with a remotely capable campaign could be in the driver's seat of the Democratic Party right now, she is going back to the establishment that she and her fellow grifters claimed to so despise.

Speaking of grifters: