Jump to content

The Politics Thread


Recommended Posts

(in reference to COVID-19 precautions)

“You know, putting a national lock down, stay at home orders, is like house arrest. Other than slavery, which was a different kind of restraint, this is the greatest intrusion on civil liberties in American history,”

Attorney General Barr said, as a round of applause came from the crowd at Hillsdale College.

 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/16/politics/barr-justice-department-speech/index.html

Edited by janea4old
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 36.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DRW50

    4750

  • Vee

    4612

  • DramatistDreamer

    4522

  • Khan

    3045

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Khan said:

I'm really sick of (white) people equating lockdowns with slavery.

 

I'm white and I'm seriously offended. What is it with the Murderer-in-Chief and his evil henchmen? 😠😠😠😠😠

Edited by amybrickwallace
Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole administration is filled with sociopaths. Meanwhile based on the reaction I'm seeing on Twitter Biden rocked his town hall last night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, marceline said:

This whole administration is filled with sociopaths. Meanwhile based on the reaction I'm seeing on Twitter Biden rocked his town hall last night.

 

Which is likely one of the reasons the media is trying to shift the topic to anger over Biden's people tweeting that he's from Scranton, not Park Avenue, and why Russia and rose Twitter are trying to distract by hyping a sad and very obviously clipped two and a half year old clip with Cornel West and their fantasy fascist, Tucker Carlson.

 

 

The Kushner stuff is blood-boiling, and just another reason why I feel foolish for briefly hoping, post-election, that Kushner and Ivanka might be some kind of stabilizing influence. The sad part is there is so much of this stuff, piles and piles of malice and sociopathic behavior, I feel like most people have completely tuned it out. Even stories like quacks in ICE giving mass hysterectomies have barely gotten attention.

Edited by DRW50
Link to post
Share on other sites

Between the positive buzz about Biden's town hall and the Nate Silver news, it's nice to feel hopeful on my birthday. :)  (Watch it turn back to schitt tomorrow. But I'll take what I can get! :P)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DRW50 said:

 

Which is likely one of the reasons the media is trying to shift the topic to anger over Biden's people tweeting that he's from Scranton, not Park Avenue, and why Russia and rose Twitter are trying to distract by hyping a sad and very obviously clipped two and a half year old clip with Cornel West and their fantasy fascist, Tucker Carlson.

 

 

The Kushner stuff is blood-boiling, and just another reason why I feel foolish for briefly hoping, post-election, that Kushner and Ivanka might be some kind of stabilizing influence. The sad part is there is so much of this stuff, piles and piles of malice and sociopathic behavior, I feel like most people have completely tuned it out. Even stories like quacks in ICE giving mass hysterectomies have barely gotten attention.

 

Sadly, I think so much stuff has gone down plus we are all so weary from the Coronavirus that our collective minds are numbed. Here in Ohio, every registered voter got an application for an absentee ballot in the mail. My folks are voting by mail, but I plan to be at the county Board of Elections bright and early on October 6th to cast my vote. 

 

The other day, I was at the BMV to both renew my driver's license and get a new sticker for my license plate. I was waiting in line when I heard a clerk ask a customer if he was a registered voter and if not, would he care to register. He answered no to both questions. It was really, REALLY hard for me to keep quiet when I heard that. 😠😠😠😠😠

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

 

I'm white and I'm seriously offended. What is it with the Murderer-in-Chief and his evil henchmen? 😠😠😠😠😠

They love gas lighting and minimizing other people's pain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amybrickwallace said:

Here in Ohio, every registered voter got an application for an absentee ballot in the mail. My folks are voting by mail, but I plan to be at the county Board of Elections bright and early on October 6th to cast my vote

 

Same. Except I will probably go later in the week. Even before our current fascism I liked to skip day one so they could work out the bugs and the temp workers could get their legs. The thing that's pissing me off is that when I early vote I usually do it with my mom. In the primary, we both early voted because we knew Ohio was going to go on lockdown. Back in 2016, we went to a Hillary rally where Obama was speaking and drove to the BOE right after to vote. 

 

But now there's COVID - and Ohio is probably going to see a spike in cases soon because of this [!@#$%^&*] - so I can't risk Mom and I being in the same car.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.