The Politics Thread

• Members

I don't even keep up with polls anymore because the poll are going to reflect  whatever people want them to be. what t I believe Biden will win the popular vote and most people will  cast their vote for him in the Electoral College but all Trump cares about is who will have the most votes that will actual count or be valid in the Electoral College.

Edited by sivad40

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm hopeful that our (meaning most of us on this board) long nightmare is coming to a close. This is such a dark time with the pandemic, wildfires and the frightening reality that a huge portion of our population are haters living in a completely different reality.  They have been brainwashed by Fox news and the "alt right" to the point that facts don't matter. Facts simply cannot permeate the cult mentality. What does it mean when so many people can have their minds twisted by social media, Fox and the Russians? I have a hard time seeing a way out.

We have to hope that having a compassionate leader in Biden and a competent one in Harris will help stem the tide of insanity. Assuming they can get the electoral votes and nothing crazy happens.

• Members

Yeah, good luck there. Republicans are apparently close to finishing an "investigation" (can you say BENGHAZI, PART DEUX: Electric Bugaloo?) on Hunter Biden and Ukraine and, per this article, the "results" are expected just before the election. No accident, I'm sure.

And, like with Comey announcing the whole Hillary e-mail probe a week before the 2016 election, idiots will buy it, I bet.

• Members

As someone said, Bill Janklow redux. Yet they continue to elect Republicans anyway, including the dead-eyed hack who wants to put Trump on Mount Rushmore. 

I hope that Andrew Gillum has a happy life, and I hope his wife can also find her own happy life or can forgive him; I am also sorry his privacy was violated in such a disgusting manner. But I don't think I can take any more politicians coming out solely because they were caught behaving in dangerous ways or breaking the law. 

A lot of people are just looking for a reason to vote for Trump, or have already decided to and can just use this as cover. It's going to be a razor-thin election, and we're going to have a very hard time getting through it, whatever happens. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The implications of this story, if true, are beyond grotesque. But I believe the original source is the Intercept, and unfortunately the ratio of good work the Intercept does vs. insane crackpot editorializing is far too slanted. I can certainly believe this is happening, therefore I am obligated to post it. But I will need more sources than it currently has. If true, the camps should be evacuated and bombed.

• Members

With outright white supremacists in this administration this story is probably true. Stephen Miller would most certainly push for something like this. All the anti-immigration sentiment was bound to go in such a direction. We have to turnout to vote, because human rights are one of the many things at stake.