The Politics Thread

• Members

Florida is fool's gold for Democrats. There's a lot of pundit push and social media push about how Hispanics are supporting Trump and Biden has failed to win them, but even when Hillary did very well among them in 2016, she still didn't win. 

This race is going to be very close, I have felt this all along, and as it gets closer I am nervous of how many are going to just give in to despair and not bother to commit their time or vote. 

@marceline that's true about that faction of the left. I believe many will vote for Trump. I just hope they don't live in swing states. 

Speaking of polls, Rasmussen has Biden up by 4 in Ohio, although that poll is junk. Still, maybe it will be close.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hey, y'all! Guess what? We, the taxpayers, are now paying for Don's defense in his rape case against E. Jean Carroll as the DOJ had papers filed to move the case to federal court AND name the US Government - rather than Dump - as the defendant as the accusation was made, Barr argues, while Dump is on the job.

I don't want ONE CENT of my money defending this piece of schitt!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/jean-carroll-trump-justice-department/2020/09/08/37faa380-f22a-11ea-b796-2dd09962649c_story.html

The corruption NEVER ENDS.

• Members

The news about the DOJ shocked me, and I didn't think I could be shocked by anything with this fascist. Sadly, most people don't care - they never do.

I was surprised to see Dave Weigel, who likes to tie himself to various far left and fauxgressive groups/people, retweet this. Ryan Knight is an especially desperate fauxgressive grifter who went from not having a problem with Biden and supporting Harris and Warren to overnight becoming a hardcore Bernie bro. He's now shaming anyone who dared to laugh at the floatilla fiasco and he is openly pushing third party votes. Maybe some with basic common sense are starting to see just how much damage these con artists and attention whores do to their movement in the long term (none of them will say a bad word about Jill Stein, but she did unbelievable damage to the Green Party). 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Is anybody with any ounce of power in DC going to do something about Trump and Barr and this lawsuit? Or are people so deferential of presidential power that they let these crooks ride roughshod over US laws and steal out of the taxpayers' pocket? Both Barr and Trump need to be in jail.

Trump, with all his 'billions' cannot afford to pay lawyers for his own lawsuits? Doesn't the orange godfodda have a consigliere? Can Roy Cohn be raised from his grave vampire-styles and take over this lawsuit from Barr?

Taxpayer's money!!!! Isn't that a Faux News mantra? The Dems need to beat this drum hard (but they won't). Even most of Trump's core base love their money more than they love him.

Edited by Cat