Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So what is the deal with Ed Markey and why is he left wing American twitter's newest obsession? I'd literally never heard of this man or Joe Kennedy (I obviously know his family though) till yesterday but now everyone is obsessed with him? From what I can tell, they basically have almost identical positions so what gives. I saw some people being really nasty about Kennedy; basically saying how dare he primary Markey and that they were glad he lost because he's evil. Again they're basically the same politically it seems so I'm just lost.

• Members

What Fox News said happened

^ Fox news spinning the story that the salon owner told.

More about what happened:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Speaker-Pelosi-calls-salon-visit-a-set-up-15538247.php

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi declined to apologize Wednesday for her controversial visit to a San Francisco hair salon, calling it “a setup” and suggesting that she had been tricked by the business owner.

Pelosi said she took responsibility for falling for the “setup” to have her hair done inside at a San Francisco salon on Monday, which is prohibited by the city’s regulations.

The San Francisco Democrat said if anyone was owed an apology, it was her by the salon.

“I think that this salon owes me an apology, for setting me up,” she said at an event about school reopenings in San Francisco’s Noe Valley.

Pelosi’s visit to a San Francisco salon on Monday set off a firestorm when Fox News published security footage of it Tuesday.

Her visit was one day before salons were allowed to begin opening, but only outdoors.
San Francisco is nearly the only Bay Area jurisdiction still not allowing salons to reopen indoor services.

“I take responsibility for trusting the word of the neighborhood salon that I’ve been to over the years many times and when they said, ‘We’re able to accommodate people one person at a time,’ I trusted that,” the speaker said during a combative exchange with reporters in the empty school yard of Mission Education Center Elementary School.

Pelosi’s response acknowledged she was not aware of local rules prohibiting such indoor treatments. She wasn’t asked why she didn’t know the city’s rules. Pelosi splits her time between her home in San Francisco and her work in Washington, D.C.

In her conversation with Fox News published Tuesday, the owner of the business, eSalon, criticized the speaker’s visit as the city keeps her doors shut amid the pandemic. She claimed that she was unable to prevent it, as an independent stylist who rents a chair in her establishment was the one who hosted Pelosi. The owner, Erica Kious, told Fox News that she got a text the day before saying the speaker would be coming in.

Pelosi’s spokesman said in a statement Tuesday that the speaker’s office had reached out to the salon and was told it was allowed to have one customer inside at a time.

The speaker had been having her regular stylist do her hair at her home, but that person wasn’t available, her spokesman said. Instead, she arranged to have her hair styled at eSalon after being told it was OK.

the short clip released by Fox shows the speaker, with wet hair and wearing a robe, walking through the salon with a mask around her neck.

When asked Wednesday, why she wasn’t wearing a mask at the salon, the speaker said she had just had her hair washed.

“I don’t wear a mask when I’m washing my hair. Do you wear a mask when you’re washing your hair? I always wear a mask,” she said, adding the short clip that was released was when she had just left the shampoo chair.

And UPDATE on what *really* happened:

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Disaffected leftists always need an "establishment" enemy, and a Kennedy who had no reason for running beyond his last name was ripe for the picking for them over a senator who had worked with AOC. It also fits into their longstanding daddy/granddaddy issues. 

They will hate him soon enough (some have already said they will now hate him since he won and that you need to hate all politicians at all times). I doubt he gives a [!@#$%^&*] and I hope he flushes them all down the toilet they belong in. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The "both sides are the same" people will turn a blind eye to this, and the media that would sell their entire families for one more day of him in office will turn a blind eye to this, but there is no turning back if he is reelected. Stars and Stripes is something I saw all the time with family members who were military - and now it's just gone, even though we were told over and over these things just aren't going to happen.