Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@Vee same old Brie Brie, whose campaign plans amounted to talking about how much she loved Joe Rogan. Sadly this "revolution" (where is Susan Sarandon now anyway...) stuff still has an impact, as many don't want to admit that they want to keep doing this every 4 years because it makes them feel morally superior and they don't have to do any actual work. Their attacks have not been as effective this time around (the Tara Reade mess, for instance), so I just hope their voting for Trump or staying home won't have a big impact. 

Anyway...

• Members

@DRW50  The Washington Post has already began posting their op-eds about Biden and Harris needing to court and listen to grievances of the Trump's angry white male base.  I'm not posting them because I'm not paying a $1 to remove the paywall to read the whole article. 

Edited by sivad40

• Members

That was that piece of [!@#$%^&*] George Will, right? Washington Post has a history of this - they propped up the awful David Broder for years too. Why people praise that paper as liberal I don't know. 

In other news:

• Members

The media is pushing a narrative against Biden 24/7 and Trump is encouraging more violence (and there was another killing tonight, in Portland - a hatemonger, apparently), so the numbers will narrow and continue to narrow. I think most people knew he would get a bounce. Frankly, I thought it would be more, but there is still time. 

Beware of a lot of the weird, slanted polling out there, especially those Yougov polls that keep oversampling Democrats so they can insist Trump is up 10 with independents. 

Meanwhile, Biden is going to Wisconsin to give a speech. I think it's not going to do much good, but I get the idea. The problem is the media pushed it and the media is now shaming him for falling into their trap. They have already made this a failure before he says a word. If any of his people did this because of the press I hope they learned a lesson.

• Members

The polls were always going to be close - this will be an extremely close election, if Biden scrapes through - but rather than just accept this all along, many need to martyr themselves on social media because it gives them a sick pleasure, or they need to say "I told you so" because they are elitists and only care about feeling superior. Many in the Beltway love Trump and the GOP, they love writing Important and Profound thinkpieces about everyday Nazis who are big fans of Stranger Things or House Hunters, and they financially crave 4 more years of what we have now. And many in the party who always need to run to the media or always need to make everything about themselves are fine with encouraging the spiral. The polls will continue to improve for Trump, and they will panic and give up, which will only increase his improvement. Deep down this is what they prefer anyway - it's easier to tut-tut about Pelosi or "the squad" than to be in power. Well, they're getting what they want, so I hope they are happy. 

Swift Boat strategists and others who bailed Trump out in 2016 are back.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/31/swift-boat-mastermind-super-pac-trump-405519

More attempts at media-narrative setting about how good this all is for Trump and bad for Biden, with far left wing cultists happy to pile on.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/31/biden-trump-campaign-racial-strife-405578