Toups

The Politics Thread

4 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Also, there is a #TulsiDidntQualifyParty trending on Twitter because I'm guessing that Tulsi Gabbard doesn't meet the requirements to qualify for the next debate. 

Wow, it's like Christmas came early in July and stayed for the end of August!

15 minutes ago, Khan said:

giphy.gif

I tried to get past my longtime fondness for Al Franken as I do think he made mistakes, but still, I didn't know what to say because I just found her opportunistic and incredibly tone deaf politically, so...I guess you summed it up.

Like I said before, I'm willing to "believe the women," except when it comes to Al Franken's situation.  I remain convinced that was a political hit job, orchestrated by the GOP on outright lies and innuendo; and Democrats such as KG predictably fell for it.

On 8/21/2019 at 1:07 PM, DramatistDreamer said:

Who the hell still watches Dancing With the Stars??! Or Dancing With The "Star", as Whoopi Goldberg used to refer to it. 

Meanwhile there's an inept madman in the White House who refers to himself as King of Israel and Jesus Christ Superstar after backing out of an international visit with Denmark because he was rejected in a bid to buy Greenland. 

Somebody was thinking of this too?  Theatre folk be on the same wavelength, I guess.  This is pretty brilliant satire.

The reports of all of these white nationalists who have been stopped from mass shootings is just terrifying.   It's great that they are being caught before they kill anyone, but it just seems like there is an endless supply of these bastards.

When Trump thought the hurricane would hit Puerto Rico, he was only too happy to leave to go to Poland.  Suddenly when he finds out the hurricane changed course and Mar-a-Lago is actually in the hurricane's path, he abruptly decides to stay in the U.S. to 'monitor the situation' and sub in Pence to go to Poland.

I usually avoid watching or listening to Trump but this compare and contrast brings a smile to my face because it shows just how much he's deteriorated. Granted he always sucks at the teleprompter reading but now he can't even fake it well.

3 hours ago, marceline said:

I usually avoid watching or listening to Trump but this compare and contrast brings a smile to my face because it shows just how much he's deteriorated. Granted he always sucks at the teleprompter reading but now he can't even fake it well.

Oh please oh please tell me he’s dying... 

Well, I'm not gonna wish the man were dying, lol!  But, yes, the signs of mental and physical decline are there.  His father died from Alzheimer's complications, so if anything, the stress of being president might have accelerated the progression of a disease that was prevalent long before now.

6 minutes ago, Khan said:

Well, I'm not gonna wish the man were dying, lol!  But, yes, the signs of mental and physical decline are there.  His father died from Alzheimer's complications, so if anything, the stress of being president might have accelerated the progression of a disease that was prevalent long before now.

No worries. I'll do it!!