Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Speaking of monitoring the mentally ill, perhaps we should do the same for our president?  Apparently, in his paranoid mind, there are boogeymen all over the world, just itching for the chance to come inside our borders:

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-bad-people-gangs-bahamas-entering-1458384?fbclid=IwAR2bYT0MHdeVz9FBprNRk38lWfX7DUPw-JzRDs4o-5oAbylXznr6MMrKQR8

• Members

Sorry if this was already posted, but we had more cruelty toward suffering people (non-white people, naturally) and more of Trump casting racist attacks onto them to help sugarcoat his (and Stephen Miller's, presumably) callousness.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/09/09/bahamas-survivors-visa-ferry-stranded-cpb/

Media darling Marco was one of the people out there saying the visa issue should be waived. I bet he hasn't made a peep about what Trump did. 

I also wonder if this will affect Trump in Florida. Those Cuban Republicans can't be happy about this.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/d3a3gw/ice-put-120-cubans-on-a-single-flight-to-havana-in-major-deportation-ramp-up

• Members

^^Trump Inc. needs to be asking Queen if they can borrow use of "Another One Bites The Dust" because that is definitely the theme song of this administration.

Is there any other presidential administration with this type of turnover???  In a first term??

As for the pomp and ceremony happening in the House of Commons, if you've ever been to one of England's most "prestigious" institutions, this bizarre spectacle is pretty much par for the course.  I once spent some time at Cambridge University, chock full of bizarre traditions and spectacle. 

The other day, I had to remind my mother that this was the country that once ruled about a 1/4 of the world's population at one time, where she was born and raised, being one of those populations.  All my mother could do was shake her head.  Yeah, pretty hard to fathom now.

• Members

The song DJT must be playing to HRM:

So...the whiter you are...and the less educated you are...the more you think he's doing a brilliant job as president and deserves a second term.

Good to know.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Bolton has always been temperamental and too much of a burden for anyone to bear, but I thought he would be able to keep a lid on it enough to get to attack Iran, his longtime dream. 

I guess Trump was too much even for him. Astonishing. 

Anyway, tonight is the special election for NC-09, the seat left unfilled because of voter fraud (on the GOP side). It's a Republican-heavy district, so the Republican (Dan Bishop, whose main accomplishments are the "bathroom bill" and shoveling money at extremist app Gab) should be able to win easily, but wait for the media to do backflips if he does, telling us that the Republicans are back and "real" America loves Trump and this is awesome and takes away from all the constant terrible problems Trump is tied into. 

Edited by DRW50