The Politics Thread

• Members

Based on my limited amount of knowledge about these types of things, it seems to me that the far left's attitude is, "Let it all burn to the ground, so we can build anew (and maybe get it right this time)."  Which is a fine idea...IN THEORY.  But, in order for this phoenix called the United States of America rise from its ashes, I would think there needed to be enough there worth saving.  My fear is that, if we let this country burn as much as the far right and far left want it to, we'll be left with less than nothing.  We'll basically have to rip up the Declaration of Independence AND the Constitution and start all over -- and given the temperature of this country right now, especially among those hate-mongering Trumpers, I'm not sure I want for that to happen.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I notice many on the left see Nancy Pelosi as an equal to Trump and believe that if only she were as badass as they believe they are, everything would be wonderful. They endlessly speculate that she is beholden to him, or they are working together, or she's just a coward. They feasted on some article yesterday claiming that he feels like he can do what he wants and she won't respond. Never mind that he is going to feel that way no matter what because he's a narcissist and completely unhinged mentally. 

• Members

You can't take the Splinter left seriously. That echo chamber will always exist and they regularly get clowned in their own comments sections. Watching them act shocked when people like AOC slowly become more politically wise and dump liabilities such as her nutty CoS for 'speaking truth to power', though, never gets old.

Meanwhile:

Edited by Vee

• Members

There is an idea among the left that Trump being re-elected and destroying the country would push the country far left enough to elect the type of leaders that they want. The problem with that logic is that Trump being elected in the first place hasn't raised their political fortunes (almost none of the far left's preferred candidate's even made it out of primaries in last year's elections). A damaged economy and democracy being in shambles after two terms of Trump probably would give the Democratic Party an electoral realignment in 2024, but undoing all the harm Trump would have done would take decades.

• Members

Sanders avoids socially liberal settings because he's one of those people who believes that the "Heartland" is put off by minorities and LGBT people. More than anyone he is trying to get votes from working class white voters who really don't vote based on their wallets, but on social issues over all. He's convinced that an economic message will get them to support him, but that's not at all accurate.

• Members

One down, 497 more to go.

Not that this is news to anyone with even half a brain, but Trump is being "indecisive" about a lot of things, because all he had going into the WH was "BUILD! THAT! WALL!" and paying back Obama for making fun of him.  The emperor truly has no clothes.

Edited by Khan