Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I saw a scare article in Politico about how Republicans have trapped Democrats as being the party of taking away burgers and plastic straws. I just rolled my eyes, because I just don't care anymore. If any idiot votes on that they're never voting for a Democrat anyway.

• Members

To say that it hasn't been a good week for Boris Johnson would be an understatement. Even the average Conservative party member is wondering how such a small majority was able to get him in when the populace didn't vote for him.  And the same tabloids where he used to rule the roost with his editorial pen, now assails him as the worst PM in history.

Oh well.

• Members

Didn't those draconian abortion  bans and restrictions start in Mississippi? Now it's spread to over half of the US and counting. All it takes is Republicans gaining control of the state legislatures or the governorship and that's when they wreck havoc.There's a saying that liberal laws start in California and spread throughout, I guess Mississippi is the conservative version of that. 

• Members

"Oh well" is right.  Like I always say, "What comes around, goes around."  Boris fomented the racist sentiments that led to Brexit.  It's only right for Brexit to turn around and bite him on his fat ass.

However, I'm pissed that Conservative MPs in the British Parliament were willing to risk their careers by switching sides and voting against No-Deal -- essentially putting country before parties -- yet we can't get even one Republican in Congress to stand up to the Trump administration's dangerous policies and rhetoric because they're all so damn afraid of his voter base.

Probably.  I've been to MS only once, and I was there long enough to feel like I was visiting The Land That Time Forgot.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Why is Trump going around bragging about a failed diplomacy mission?  Most people already see his administration as incompetent on all diplomatic matters and then he talks about flopping an already risky, diplomatic mission with an already low bar of success.  Read the room already!  Just when you think this keystone cop administration couldn't look anymore incompetent and out of their depth...