Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm not sure how many people are aware of this 1619 Project (which has conservatives whining and complaining) but this serves as a fairly decent complement to the series.

Fortunately, I knew all of this history that's been presented in this piece but only because I either learned either by reading about these events (which family members obliged as education was of paramount importance in my family though we were essentially immigrants) or because I took courses in African American history and culture in college.

I remain astonished that this is not a part of a basic primary or even high school education in America. The absence of this history in the curriculum speaks volumes of why the country is in the state it is in.

• Members

So this photo seems to be trending on social media right now and it reminds me of the photo of Ivanka sitting next to Trudeau at that meeting that she shouldn't have even been privy to at the time.  I'm thinking the Canadian PM should be known as the LL Cool J (Ladies Love Justin) of the North.  At least where the Trump women are concerned.

EC3FzoYW4AAAom-.jpg

Honestly, it wouldn't take much to do a reboot of the soap Capitol.  Just create composite characters based on Melanie, uh, I mean Melania and Ivanka as your "cheat code". 

• Members

*Stephanie Forrester voice*  That man is married, Melania. You are such a slut! You made your filthy bed with that pig, now wallow in it!

Jesting aside if soap operas weren't so looked down upon nowadays someone would have jumped at a Capitol reboot.

• Members

The Trudeau photo reminds me of a recent article about his careful image planning for how he will come across to the world compared to how he is increasingly seen in Canada (especially in terms of faux-feminism).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/22/justin-trudeau-the-rise-and-fall-of-a-political-brand

(I do think the worst is probably over for him)

• Members

More and more nervous about Biden...I have a feeling he's going to end up eking out a rough win in the primaries at best with a lot of people staying home in November. And if he doesn't then Warren or Sanders will be a bruised nominee (I'm hoping Sanders won't be the nominee at all as I genuinely do not want to vote for him).

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/26/bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-joe-biden-poll-1475440

Edited by DRW50