The Politics Thread

• Members

At this point, we're down to two options: vote (in the 2020 election), or stage a militaristic coup.  Chances are good, too, that even if we vote him out, we'll still have to pull a page from the Golan-Globus action film playbook, because like hell is he gonna go quietly.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The tax cuts were a bust from the start for working people. Some folks got excited about getting bonuses at work but those were more like severance pay because they were let go shortly after. Businesses and the ultra wealthy definitely did put the tax cuts into the economy like Republicans pretend they did.

• Members

Nah, that's not what I asked though.  The trolls who used to prowl around these messageboards (who are no doubt, still lurking) are the ones I posed that question to.  I'm smart enough to realize that big business usually fares well while middle, lower and the poor go through hell. No need to state the obvious. 

• Members

I mean, there's a difference between recognizing human life gone and giving deference where it is not due and has not been earned. 

The Kochs have made it their lives' work to institute policies that made many lives demonstrably worse.  When I made that post upthread, that was pretty much the most I could muster. 

• Members

DEVELOPING: After a reassuring speech this morning from Fed chairman Powell, stocks rose.  President Trump responded with a flood of tweets, and stocks tanked.

Our president is literally killing the economy.

Where the hell are GL's Michael Burke and his damn Clone Rapid Aging Serum when you really need them?

Edited by Khan