The Politics Thread

• Members

Who is Sean Spicer?  LOL.  That's the level they get on Dancing now.  This is a celebrity?  That people want to see on a stupid dancing competition?  Ok.  Got it.  I haven't tuned in for years but an overweight, white, angry conservative man that couldn't take the heat isn't going to make me scramble to tune in either. 

I'm sure he's really a nice guy though.  No, really, he's really a nice person.  (cough, cough).  I bet he even knows a gay person and has a black friend.  (cough).  No thanks. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've run out of words to describe the crazy.

Even though I've seen the warnings that concentration camp killings start with disease, it's hard for me to grasp it. And the fact that they've made their plans public is just unbelievable.  Of course a good chunk of our population is antivax anyway, so I'm sure they will swallow the inevitable deaths to come as unintended.

• Members

If non-migrant children start dying, I'm not sure that this will provide enough of an explanation.  The question will be why/how did the U.S. let this happen when they obviously had the tools to stop it? 

With the way this nutty administration works, it's likely that a few workers at the detention center could refuse vaccination and become carriers themselves (even if they never exhibit symptoms).  That would be a recipe for a flu outbreak. 

• Members

Exactly, @DRW50.  This is an attempt (on ABC's part, as well as on Spicer's team's) to rehabilitate his image.  They've figured that enough time has passed (and enough other fit has hit the shan) for us to have cooled on the guy.  Fortunately, in this case, the Twitterverse never forgets; and that, as well as Bergeron's own reaction to the news, might be enough to sway ABC into forcing him out, with the usual b.s. explanation that due to sudden scheduling conflicts blah blah blah.

As I see it, Spicer is angling to get back into the arena, so to speak, perhaps with some gig as a right-wing talking head on some news show; and he figures appearing on a show like DWTS is the first step in accomplishing his goal.  Before too long, I expect him to...well, I don't think he'll ever apologize for the lies he told as WH Press Sec...but I do think he'll backpedal somewhat.  He'll offer statements to the effect of, "I still believe in the message of MAGA, as well as in all the valiant people in this administration who continue to put 'America First' yada yada...but, yeah, Trump is an idiot, and kind of a dick, too."  

IOW, he'll do what he must to distance himself from Trump (unless he wants a regular gig on Fox News) short of renouncing him outright and switching over to the Democratic Party.

Agree!

Edited by Khan

• Members

The 25th Amendment should be invoked, because Trump is clearly slipping further down the drain mentally. Mike Pence really is an idiot in the fact that he hasn't pushed for this yet. If this was a soap opera the Vice President would have had the crazy President in a straight jacket already. Not that Pence would be better policy wise, but he'd basically be a lame duck with little power.

• Members

I'm really not sure what to expect from our fellow citizens anymore.  To what extent people fall for scapegoating when it comes to this issue or economic issues is anyone's guess. Any time in the past three years that I've thought people have surely had enough of this monster I've been wrong about at least 30% of the population. There is another pretty big chunk that remains apathetic otherwise our streets would look like Hong Kong.

• Members

Pence doesn't want the blame. He can get his agenda through while Trump is the public face. 

People also likely know how these big revolutions turn out (as it likely will in Honk Kong soon enough). 

The only way anything will change is if rich white kids are affected. 

I think that the media and the Democrats have long underestimated just how much dislike and outright contempt there is for immigrants from many people. It's not just a liberal vs conservative issue and nuance is long gone from American discourse, if it was ever there in the first place.