Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Even the NYT can still publish deeply affecting pieces.  This is one of them.  I read this on MSN.com's news site though but for some reason, MSN doesn't tweet out these links but in case you don't want to give the NYT site their click(s), there is also a direct link to the MSN website.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/women-are-fleeing-death-at-home-the-us-wants-to-keep-them-out/ar-AAFYiFg

• Members

• Members

^^I hope that this police officer, excuse me former police officer gets the same treatment as the police officer in the Anthony Baez case.  That officer was fired and eventually tried after initially being found not guilty but that was after the feds came in and re-tried the case.  In the Garner case, in order for there to be a similar outcome, there would definitely have to be a new administration in the White House. 

• Members

The Native American stuff is the main reason I was wary of supporting her in the primary. It's always going to be an issue, but at least she is trying to repair some of the damage. 

I read that Susan Sarandon is out making digs about her. No surprise there, really. 

I see a lot of comments about stories like the the one about the abused women which basically say - we have our own problems. And these comments are from Democrats, and people who could see themselves as moderate or liberal. I understand why people feel that way, but I worry about what this coarsening will do to America in the long term. That's the worst of Trump, in some ways - in the long term he has encouraged so much coarsening and rotting away of the best of what the country was meant to be (even if it was rarely actually able to live up to that best).

• Members

Susan Sarandon was getting heaps of derision in regards to her comments (which I read, didn't watch the video) last night on social media.  I didn't bother to post anything, because at this point, I really wish people would ignore Sarandon, who is obviously unnerved by yet another woman running for president that she thinks is getting in Sanders' way. 

For all intents an purposes, Warren is now considered (and has been, for years) a bona fide Democrat, something Sanders is still not regarded as by the majority of Democratic voters.  Hopefully Sanders will remain mired in fourth or fifth place (sixth place would be even better) so the idea that somehow he's the best of what the Democratic party has to offer would finally and definitely be put to rest for good.

I just wish that people would stop giving oxygen to Sarandon's foolishness. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I could understand (somewhat) Sarandon's antipathy toward HRC in the last election.  Warren, however, has a cleaner record by comparison, and Sarandon's STILL pitching for old, white, out-of-touch Bernie?  Y'all were right: white women hate each other.

• Members

What a stupid decision by the government. This is not just to protect the detained migrant population but also the larger population who could contract the flu.  These centers are not hermetically sealed, it only takes one un-vaccinated worker or guest to "carry" the virus to the outside population.  Also, the basic premise of having sick incarcerated children and adults suffering and possibly dying of the flu is just inhumane.

• Members

Who the hell still watches Dancing With the Stars??! Or Dancing With The "Star", as Whoopi Goldberg used to refer to it. 

Meanwhile there's an inept madman in the White House who refers to himself as King of Israel and Jesus Christ Superstar after backing out of an international visit with Denmark because he was rejected in a bid to buy Greenland.