Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

We're extremely lucky this administration is as incompetent as it is insane. If this was a team on par with the Rove/Cheney/etc. crew in its prime and we still didn't have social media, it'd be far worse.

As for Wallace, Joe Scarborough and Mika, I haven't forgotten anything they've done. But in desperate times I feel you go with the enemy of your enemy when they still show some basic principles. Wallace in particular had the common sense to deeply regret her work with Palin even before the 2008 campaign ended. (IIRC she didn't vote.)

• Members

Fortunately for me, it's been years since I last subscribed to cable so I've never actually seen an episode of Wallace's MSNBC show and it's been about eight years since I've seen a full episode of Morning Joe. I don't doubt that they've all been complicit in underplaying Trump's vileness, like most of the MSM.

That clip stood out to me because in today's mainstream media landscape, it seems so rare.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

and isn't that the biggest problem? that it is rare. I used to tune in to get some news, facts and truth. now it's "which side will give us the bigger ratings?" and they whore themselves to that side. if a Dem gets in there in 2 years watch and see the pendulum go in the opposite direction. 

Edited by Roman

• Members

Many people might not know about this massacre but since I attended high school in the early 90s with a guy whose family fled during El Salvador's civil war, I am familiar with these brutal events that occurred during the Reagan administration.

Survivors of Massacre Ask: ‘Why Did They Have to Kill Those Children?’

Although the Clinton administration declassified many of the records, people in El Salvador believe that declassifying more records may give more information about who in the Salvadoran military's chain of command might be responsible for this massacre.  After all, under Reagan, the U.S. trained the Salvadoran military and often funded them.

Like often is the case when military who commit heinous acts have ties to the U.S., the generals often get asylum in the U.S. as Gen. Garcia did in 1990. 

I'm glad that the Obama administration decided to deport Gen. Garcia back to El Salvador though because now he may actually have to answer for his crimes.

• Members

Let's give a Bronx cheer for the Susan Sarandons of the U.S. who thought Hillary would've been worse than Trump.  Someone should barrage her social media with images like those.

This is insane, by the way.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I remember Bush's " You  are either with us or you're against us" quote that riled up his base and the media to go after anybody that was against the Iraq war. I remember  The Right destroying and going after anything of French origin  because France was against the Iraq war (French fries being renamed Freedom Fries, pouring French wine into rivers, etc). Bush's attempt to privatize Social Security. Country radio stations censoring the Dixie Chicks because they didn't support the Iraq War and they attacked Bush. The Right using the Scott Peterson trial (he murdered his wife and unborn child) as a means to pass anti-abortion laws. I could go and on about W but I will stop right there.

• Members

Ivanka Trump gets six new Chinese trademarks a week or so after Trump announced that he would help 'save' ZTE (a Chinese company that has been seen as a national security threat).  Especially interesting, given Trump's previous tweets about not doing any new "deals" during his administration.

When conflict of interest goes hand in hand with corruption.

• Members

This is why I always wish people would stop and think before they retweet and get angry - I saw those photos going around and people would try to point out they were from the Obama-era administration but they still kept going around anyway. All this does is just undercut the horrible way that Trump treats and speaks about immigrants. 

I'm not surprised about King and Linda Sarsour, but I thought the other guy would have known better.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/29/trump-border-immigrant-children-cages-photo-610039

The photograph in question began to circulate online over the weekend, shared by Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau and activists Shaun King and Linda Sarsour, among others. It shows two children lying on green mats on a concrete floor behind a chain-link fence. The photo was taken by The Associated Press and was published by The Arizona Republic in 2014 as part of a photo gallery. Favreau later deleted his tweet.

I wonder if this is why Wilbur Ross (presumably without his Coke can) is now joining their trade negotiations even though they see him as worthless. It will be a big wet kiss and we will get nothing. Meanwhile we will probably continue to alienate our actual allies like Germany or France.

Edited by DRW50